Close Close

Reverse Transfer

Students who transfer to Monmouth University from a New Jersey community college now have the opportunity to complete their associate degree through credits earned at Monmouth. Students can “reverse transfer” credits taken as part of their bachelor’s degree back to their former community college by meeting the criteria below outlined in The Statewide Reverse Agreement. 


In order to participate in the reverse transfer process: 

  1. Students must have met the residency requirement and designated minimum grade point average at the community college prior to enrollment at the four-year institution.
  2. Students must have applied and been admitted to the four-year institution.
  3. Following enrollment at the four-year Institution, students must have earned a cumulative total of 66 semester hours between the community college and the four-year institution.
  4. Students must be current with financial obligations to both the four-year institution and the community college.
  5. Students must have met all of the graduation requirements of the community college.

How it Works

Please visit the Office of Transfer and Undeclared Services for information on how to initiate the reverse transfer process.