The mission of Career Development is to be a comprehensive resource center for students and alumni, providing the appropriate services and information that will assist them in successfully meeting their career objectives; to provide students and alumni with information, strategies and skills necessary for their career development; and to provide mutually beneficial links between students and employers.
Job Search Skills
Free professional development tools available include:
- Hiration – build resumes & cover letters and optimize LinkedIn profiles
- Big Interview – learn interviewing techniques & practice answering questions
- CandidCareer – explore various industries and career paths
- Focus 2 – a career, major and education planning system
- Career-Related Web Sites and Resources
- Interview Skills
- Job search letters
Assistance and information about job search strategies are also available. Contact Career Development to schedule an appointment to learn more.
- Handshake Student Account—search for full-time, internship, & co-op opportunities
- Handshake Employer Account—post jobs and connect with students
- LinkedIn Alumni Group – connect with Monmouth Alumni via LinkedIn to build your network and learn about potential job opportunities
- Monmouth University LinkedIn – connect with your fellow hawks and stay updated on university news
- Annual Career Days
- Contact Career Development
- Student services for current and former military
- Information and resources for applying to graduate school
- Disney College Program
- Avoiding Fraudulent Job Postings
Office of Career Development
400 Cedar Avenue, Rebecca Stafford Student Center, First fl.
West Long Branch, NJ 07764-1898