- Monmouth University prohibits smoking in all buildings and facilities, including, but not limited to, residence halls, offices, classrooms, laboratories, theaters, gymnasiums, auditoriums and outdoor stadiums and athletic fields.
- Smoking shall be defined as the burning, vaping, inhaling from, exhaling from, or the possession of a lighted/activated cigarette, pipe, hookah or an electronic device (e-cigarette that can be used for the smoking, inhaling and/or exhaling of smoke and/or vapor.
- Smoking of marijuana is prohibited in all indoor and out areas of the campus. This includes, but not limited to, all buildings and facilities, residence halls, offices, classrooms, laboratories, theaters, gymnasiums, auditoriums, parking lots, the residential quad, outdoor stadiums and athletic fields.
- In addition to all members of the University community, outside groups who utilize University facilities are required to comply with this policy.
- Individuals exiting a University building to smoke are required to stand at least 25 feet from the entrance and must utilize ashtrays.
- The following disciplinary actions, will be taken against individuals who do not comply with this policy.
Recommended sanctions for violations within University buildings:
- Reflection paper
- Official written warning that additional violations will result in more severe disciplinary action.
- $100 fine
- Educational Assignment
- Residence Hall Probation
- Loss of housing for one semester
- Additional penalties up to and including suspension from the University.
- Student Code of Conduct
- Policies and Procedures
- Academic Policies
- Advertising and Solicitation Policies
- Advertising of Alcohol
- Alcoholic Beverages Policy
- Bias Incident/Crime Response Process
- Campus Sexual Assault Victim’s Bill of Rights
- Community Statement on Civility
- Computer Resources for Students: Policy and Procedure
- Computer Use Policy
- Covid-19 Statement
- Disability Services
- Equal Opportunity, Harassment and Nondiscrimination Statement
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Firearms and Fireworks Policy
- Good Samaritan Practice
- Human Relations Philosophy and Policy Statement
- Interpersonal Violence Statement
- Library: Behavior Policy
- Motor Vehicles
- Payment Information
- Pets on Campus
- Refund Policy
- Religious Holidays
- Reverse Transfer
- Sexual Harassment – Faculty Member
- Sexual Harassment – Non-Faculty Member
- Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedures
- Smoking Policy
- Soliciting / Canvassing
- Student Events Regulations
- Substance Abuse Policy
- Title IX
- Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy