The Department of Health Services provides free, accessible ambulatory healthcare for all Monmouth University students and eligible employees. Services range from interventional, therapeutic care for acute episodic illnesses to preventative health screening and education.
It is the goal of Health Services to remove or alter health-related barriers to learning so that the educational experience at Monmouth University is optimized. It is our mission to promote health, happiness, and well-being.
2020-2021 Health Services Clinic Hours
Monday to Friday
8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All Services by appointment only
Call: 732-571-3464 for an appointment
Medical Services will be delivered via either in-person or telehealth.
Calls for an appointment will be triaged based upon severity, urgency and COVID-19 symptoms.
- The University is conducting COVID surveillance testing using pooled testing. The COVID test is a self-swab nasal PCR test.
- COVID Testing is conducted at the Ocean First Bank Center lobby
- Check-in first at the Box Office
- Hours: Monday to Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Walk-up, no appointments
- Persons seeking COVID testing need to first create an account in: https://workflow.jcmworks.com
- The University is covering the cost for pooled testing.
- Individual tests for symptomatic persons, direct contacts and reflex testing of positive pools is billed to the individuals’ health insurance.
- COVID test results are available in 24-48 hours from time specimens are received in the lab and can be viewed through the individual’s personal account on JCMworks.
Release of Medical Information
Medical information will only be released upon written consent from the student. Authorization to Release Medical Information
The Health Center is located on University Road on the north campus, adjacent to Birch Hall and the Monmouth University Library. Our mailing address is:
400 Cedar Avenue
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
Emergencies and Campus Injuries
In the event of an emergency, please contact the Monmouth University Police Department (MUPD) by calling 732-571-4444. The MUPD will dispatch an ambulance for transportation to the Monmouth Medical Center Emergency Department.
Campus injuries are to be reported to the Health Center within 24 hours of the incident. The Health Services staff is available to provide medical treatment and/or triage and to assist with the filing of necessary insurance information.