Click Here for Services and Appointments
As you look forward, you might need a little help along the way. At Monmouth University and the Center for Student Success, we’re proud to offer our students academic and personal support designed to foster responsibility and enthusiasm for learning. Our support services—which are focused on your academic and career goals—include:
- Academic Advising
- Adult Student Services
- Career Development
- Cooperative Education
- Disability Services
- Educational Opportunity Fund Program
- Experiential Education
- First-Year Advising
- First Generation Student Support
- Military Students
- Pre-Law Advising
- Pre-Health Advising
- Service Learning
- Supplemental Instruction
- Transfer Services
- Tutoring Services
- Writing Services
- Undeclared Services
Our experienced and proven staff helps hundreds of students with classroom and real-world needs on a daily basis, and our Center for Student Success is known for moving students forward—one of seven centers nationwide to receive an Outstanding Institutional Advising Program Award from the American College Testing and the National Academic Advising Association.
The CSS Mission Statement
The Center for Student Success is committed to providing academic and career services that enhance student retention, persistence, graduation, employment, and overall development. In particular, the CSS is committed to student success by:
- Fostering a welcoming and caring environment to all visitors to the CSS.
- Assisting students throughout their transition to Monmouth, programs of study, and future personal and professional endeavors.
- Providing quality academic and individualized educational planning.
- Delivering excellence in career counseling, exploration, and development.
- Empowering students to take responsibility for their own academic and personal development.
- Accommodating students of diverse backgrounds and ability status.
- Encouraging respect for self and others through empathy, compassion and kindness.
A Major Decision
Starting your college career without a major isn’t a big deal. In fact, 49 percent of Monmouth students are undeclared as freshmen. The Center for Student Success and its advisors—including one who was awarded the Outstanding Advising Certificate of Merit by the National Academic Advising Association—can help you find the program of study that is right for you.
Get Credit for Your Future
Get college credit for learning to write a better resume and cover letter, interviewing, researching companies, and other aspects of the job search through the one-credit Career Search course.