Faculty Council is a representative, legislative and recommending body of the faculty at Monmouth University. The body consists of 7 at large members and 13 regular members representing 6 schools and the Library. Faculty also serves on 16 standing committees. Faculty Council, as authorized by the Monmouth University Board of Trustees, legislates in the following areas: standards for admission, registration, and retention of students; programs, curricula, and outcomes; requirements for earned degrees; standards for instruction; standards for college-funded research and professional development; professional responsibility; standards for academic freedom; qualifications for faculty rank and tenure. Responsibilities of the Faculty Council also include: development and review of academic policies and programs in order to maintain academic excellence and relevance; consideration, for presentation to the faculty, reports and proposals from the standing committees of the faculty, and creating ad hoc committees of the Council; initiating and presenting proposed legislation to the faculty; calling special meetings of the faculty; and acting in behalf of the faculty if there is insufficient time for a meeting of the faculty.
Executive Committee of the Council consists of the Chair, Vice Chair, Governance Secretary and an Executive Secretary. Executive Committee meets with the Provost, in a shared governance process, to set agendas for Faculty Council and Full Faculty meetings.
Faculty governance is a part of the shared governance process endorsed by the Monmouth University. Participation of faculty in the governing process is important as it assures academic health of the University and protects faculty rights.
Faculty Council meets on the second Wednesday of November, December, February, April and May, and on the fourth Friday of September, October, January, February, March and April.
Dr. Rose Knapp
Chris A. Hirschler
Heidi L. Bludau
- Pedram Daneshgar, Science (June 30, 2023)
- Patrick L. O’Halloran, Business (June 30, 2023)
- Rose Knapp, Nursing & Health Studies (June 30, 2022)
- Kerry Carley-Rizzuto, Curriculum & Instruction (June 30, 2022)
- Golam Mathbor, Social Work (June 30, 2022)
- Jing Zhou, Art and Design (June 30, 2023)
Guggenheim Memorial Library
- Aurora S. Ioanid, Library (June 30, 2023)
Wayne D. McMurray School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Alex Gilvarry, English (June 30, 2023)
- Wobbe Koning, Art and Design (June 30, 2022)
- Jennifer Shamrock, Communication (June 30, 2022)
- Heidi Bludau, Anthropology (June 30, 2023)
- Geoff Fouad, Geography (June 30, 2023)
- Michele Van Volkom, Psychology (June 30, 2022)
Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Chris Hirschler, Health & Physical Education (June 30, 2023)
Leon Hess Business School
- Scott Jeffrey, Management & Leadership (June 30, 2023)
- Barrie Bailey, Economics, Finance, and Real Estate (June 30, 2022)
School of Science
School of Education
- Lily Steiner, Education (June 30, 2022)
School of Social Work
- Ralph Cuseglio, Social Work (June 30, 2023)
Faculty Council Representative to FAMCO: Michele Van Volkom (June 30, 2022)
FAMCO Representative to Faculty Council: Jeff Jackson (June 30, 2022)
"Student Q&A: Michelle Etienne and Samantha Pawlik on Fairness of N.J.’s Beach Badge Fees, Offshore Wind Impacts on Marine Life"
Lewandowski Lands on "Best Articles of 2021" List
"Some New, Troubling Trends Ahead for Dems and the GOP"
Assistant Professor Ramirez Presents at Conference on Assessing Intergenerational Transmission of Education for U.S. Immigrants
Prof. Stojanov Presented at AAANZ International Conference on Art & Visual Culture