Faculty Council is a representative, legislative and recommending body of the faculty at Monmouth University. The body consists of 7 at large members and 13 regular members representing 6 schools and the Library. Faculty also serves on 16 standing committees. Faculty Council, as authorized by the Monmouth University Board of Trustees, legislates in the following areas: standards for admission, registration, and retention of students; programs, curricula, and outcomes; requirements for earned degrees; standards for instruction; standards for college-funded research and professional development; professional responsibility; standards for academic freedom; qualifications for faculty rank and tenure. Responsibilities of the Faculty Council also include: development and review of academic policies and programs in order to maintain academic excellence and relevance; consideration, for presentation to the faculty, reports and proposals from the standing committees of the faculty, and creating ad hoc committees of the Council; initiating and presenting proposed legislation to the faculty; calling special meetings of the faculty; and acting in behalf of the faculty if there is insufficient time for a meeting of the faculty.
Executive Committee of the Council consists of the Chair, Vice Chair, Governance Secretary and an Executive Secretary. Executive Committee meets with the Provost, in a shared governance process, to set agendas for Faculty Council and Full Faculty meetings.
Faculty governance is a part of the shared governance process endorsed by the Monmouth University. Participation of faculty in the governing process is important as it assures academic health of the University and protects faculty rights.
Faculty Council meets on the second Wednesday of November, December, February, April and May, and on the fourth Friday of September, October, January, February, March and April.
Marina Vujnovic, Ph.D.
Frederick McKitrick, Ph.D.
Sue Polito, RN, MSN, ANP-C, GNP-C
Stephanie Hall, Ph.D., LPC, NCC, ACS, CT
- Cui Yu, Science (June 30, 2019)
- Scott Jeffrey, Business (June 30, 2019)
- David Burkholder, Humanities & Social Sciences (June 30, 2020)
- Rose Knapp, Nursing & Health Studies (June 30, 2020)
- Lily Steiner, Education (June 30, 2020)
- Golam Mathbor, Social Work (June 30, 2020)
- Eleonora Dubicki, Library (June 30, 2019)
*Fall 2018 Aurora Ioanid will serve in Eleonora’s place due to sabbatical leave.
School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Stephanie Hall, Professional Counseling (June 30, 2019)
- Marina Vujnovic, Communication (June 30, 2020)
- Marie Mele, Criminal Justice (June 30, 2020)
- Wobbe Koning, Art and Design (June 30, 2020)
- Fred McKitrick, History (June 30, 2019)
- Heidi Bludau, Anthropology (June 30, 2019)
School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Sue Polito, Nursing (June 30, 2019)
School of Business Administration
- Bob Smith, Management & Decision Sciences (June 30, 2019)
- Judex Hyppolite, Economics, Finance & Real Estate (June 30, 2019)
School of Science
School of Education
- Kerry Carley-Rizzuto, Curriculum & Instruction (June 30, 2020)
School of Social Work
- Joelle Zabotka, Social Work (June 30, 2019)
Monmouth U. Poll Finds Support for Circus Animal Ban
Vice Provost for Graduate Studies Co-Authors New Genetics Textbook
Monmouth Poll: Little Change in Dem 2020 Outlook
Professor Abate Delivers Presentation at Yale Global Climate Justice Conference
Feeling Eco-Adventurous? An Interview with Author and Monmouth Professor John Morano