Kerry Carley-Rizzuto, Ed.D.
Dr. Rizzuto has worked as a classroom teacher in general and special education, a Reading Specialist for grades K-12, a Reading Recovery teacher, a staff developer, and school administrator in both New York and New Jersey. In addition to her teaching position at Monmouth University, Dr. Rizzuto has completed the Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant program at Monmouth University and the doctoral program in educational leadership at Rowan University. Dr. Rizzuto teaches the early childhood program courses, in the literacy program as well as in the administration and supervision program. Her research interests include developing social justice dispositions in pre-service teachers and developing culturally responsive pedagogical practices.
Ed.D, Rowan University
- Rizzuto, K. C. (January, 2018). Developing academic vocabularies for early childhood English Language Learners through shared reading. The California Reader, (51)2, 12 -12
- Rizzuto, K. (2017). Teachers' Perceptions of ELL Students: Do Their Attitudes Shape Their Instruction? The Teacher Educator , 52:3, 182-202, DOI: 10.1080/08878730.2017.1296912
- Carley-Rizzuto, K., Henning, J.E., & Duckett, C. (2017). Bee pollination. In Judith Bazler and Meta Van Sickle (Eds.). Cases on STEAM Education in Practice , pp. 164-182. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Frequently Taught Classes
Recently Taught Classes
2020 Summer C
- EDL-593-C01 - Administration and Supervision of Literacy Practices and Professional Development for School Leaders
- ED-624-C01 - Research in Teaching Practice