Joanne Jodry, Ed.D., D.M.H.
Specializations in professional mental health counseling, with primary clinical interests in women’s issues throughout the life span, life crisis, and existential issues. Areas of interest in research include the interplay of psychology and religion (through a world religion perspective), the impact of therapeutic relationships on the therapist, and feminist counseling and its future impact on the mental health counseling field.
DMH, Drew University
Ed.D., Argosy University (Sarasota)
Transformation travel research: Multicultural, personal and professional changes (Study of student transformation to India Service trip, which took place January 2019). Journal article completed January 2020. Submitting to Multicultural Counseling Journal. This will be an ongoing research project, survey for students and collections of their journals will continue from year to year before and after the service trip to India.
Jodry, J. & Reid, M. (2019). Ecospirituality in M. Delaney
(Ed.), Nature is Nurture: Counseling and the Natural World (pp. 167-192). New York: Oxford Press.
Jodry, J. & Reid, M. (2019). Acting theory applied to
counseling: Stanislavski continues to contribute to psychic healing. Journal of
Creativity in Mental Health.
Jodry, J. & McCleskey, K. (2019). Integrating feminist
theory into cognitive behavioral approaches. Virginia Counseling Journal.
Jodry, J. (2019).
Creating Spiritual Transformation through Service Travel: Educational, Clinical
& Personal Implications. Workshop presented at a National conference for
the Association of Spiritual and Ethical Values in Counseling in Colorado
Jodry, J. (2019). Ecospirituality. Poster
presented at a National conference for the Association of Spiritual and Ethical
Values in Counseling in Colorado Springs, CO.
Grant in Creativity Award 2K toward Travel
Grant in Service Learning 1K toward Travel
Frequently Taught Classes
- Case Conceptualization (PC 526)
- Counseling and Religion (PC 517)
- Counseling Theory and Techniques (PC 525)
- Crisis Intervention (CJ 330, PY 330)
- Self-Exploration: Body, Mind, Spirit (PC 522)
- Spirituality and Counseling (PC 521)
- Substance Awareness in the Schools (PC 546)
- Theories of Counseling (PC 525)
- Wellness and Counseling (PC 534)
Recently Taught Classes
2022 Summer E
2022 Summer C
2021 Summer E
2021 Summer B
- PC-598-02 - Special Topics in Professional Counseling
- PC-598-03 - Special Topics in Professional Counseling
- PC-598-01 - Special Topics in Professional Counseling
- PC-525-50 - Theories of Counseling
2020 Summer C
- PC-526-C01 - Case Conceptualization
- PC-526-C50 - Case Conceptualization
- PC-517-C50 - Counseling and Religion
- PC-546-C50 - Substance Awareness in the Schools