Lilly Steiner, Ed.D.
Ed.D., Boston University, Developmental Studies
M.A., University of North Dakota, English Literature
B.A., University Wisconsin--LaCrosse, English and Political Science
Research interests include family literacy and creating strong home-school partnerships.
- Steiner, L.M. & Cassano, C. (2017). An intervention to support teachers in building on children's home literacy backgrounds. Journal of Family Diversity in Education, 2 (3), 19-40.
- Hindin, A., Steiner, L.M., & Dougherty, S. (2017). Building our capacity to forge successful home-school partnerships: Programs that support and honor the contributions of families. Childhood Education, 93 (1), 10-19.
- Cassano, C. & Steiner, L.M. (2016). Exploring assessment demands and task supports in early childhood phonological awareness assessments. Literacy Research: Theory, Method, and Practice 65 (1) 217-235.
Frequently Taught Classes
- Literacy Instruction in K-6 Educational Settings I (EDL 326)
Recently Taught Classes
- EDL-565-50 - Assessment and Instruction in Literacy II
- EDL-326-02 - Literacy Instruction in K-6 Educational Settings I
- EDL-525-01 - Multicultural Literature and Literacy