First Year Advising is a key resource for first year students at Monmouth University. First Year Advising also works in cooperation with various University divisions to ensure that first year students experience the challenges, opportunities, and support needed to succeed at Monmouth.
Students are encouraged to partake in academic and co-curricular activities that are sponsored by this office to promote their growth and learning.
The First Year Advising office is a place students can contact with any college-related questions and concerns. Students will be assisted by a welcoming and well-informed staff that provides clear information about what to expect at Monmouth and what the University expects of its students.
Spring Course Registration is Underway
It’s time to make an appointment with your advisor to register for spring courses! Appointments are made in Accudemia and are in-person. Please follow the directions below.
How to Make an Appointment to Register for Spring with Your First Year Advisor in Accudemia
To Access Accudemia: sign into MyMU > Systems > Accudemia
Schedule an Appointment with Your Advisor
- From the Accudemia home screen, select “New Appointment”
- Select your Center by typing in “First Year Advising,” or scrolling down and selecting it
- Select “First Year Advising”
- Select Subject Area by choosing “First Year Advising – (your advisor’s name)”
- Scroll down to the available appointment slots and choose the one you want. Toggle between weeks by using the Prev or Next button, or by hitting the calendar icon. Please Note: Appointments are 30 minutes on the hour and half hour. Example: 9-9:30 a.m. or 9:30-10 a.m.. An invalid choice would be 9:15-9:45 a.m.
- Do not schedule an appointment during one of your classes
- You’re almost done! Review the appointment and select “Confirm”
- An “Appointment Confirmed” message will display and you will receive an email confirmation with the date, time, and location of the appointment
Please Note: It’s required to check-in at the time of your scheduled appointment. A check-in link will be in your confirmation email and also on the Accudemia home screen.
Need Help with Career and Major Choices?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment with Noah Hart.