First Year Advising is a key resource for first year students at Monmouth University. First Year Advising also works in cooperation with various University divisions to ensure that first year students experience the challenges, opportunities, and support needed to succeed at Monmouth.
Students are encouraged to partake in academic and co-curricular activities that are sponsored by this office to promote their growth and learning.
The First Year Advising office is a place students can contact with any college-related questions and concerns. Students will be assisted by a welcoming and well-informed staff that provides clear information about what to expect at Monmouth and what the University expects of its students.
Drop/Add Week for First Year Students
Tuesday, Jan. 18 – Tuesday, Jan. 25
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
If you wish to make a change to your schedule, please follow these instructions below. Be advised: your virtual walk-in appointment will be welcomed by the first available advisor and might involve a wait time.
The deadline for final adjustments to spring schedules is Tuesday, Jan. 25.
- Sign into your MyMU portal: my.monmouth.edu
- In the Systems drop down, use the Accudemia link
- Use the First Year Advising Remote Sign In Link for Virtual Drop Ins
- Use the Sign In button, then select “First Year Advising Virtual”, then use the Next button
- You are now in the virtual waiting room. Please wait until an advisor starts the session. This might take several minutes.
- Use the “Launch Session” button when it appears and your advising session will begin
Need Help with Career and Major Choices?
Please email email@example.com to set up an appointment with Noah Hart.
Career and Major Resource Links
How to Register for Classes
- Sign into myMU
- In WebAdvisor section, select Registration and follow the link labeled “Search/Select and Register for Courses”
- Fill in the term field: “Spring 2021”. Then, fill in the Subject and Course Number fields, or search by Course Type
- Choose and submit the times that fit with your schedule
- Select Register from dropdown menu, then hit Submit!
Please check your audit after you register!