First Year Advising is a key resource for first year students at Monmouth University. First Year Advising also works in cooperation with various University divisions to ensure that first year students experience the challenges, opportunities, and support needed to succeed at Monmouth.
Students are encouraged to partake in academic and co-curricular activities that are sponsored by this office to promote their growth and learning.
The First Year Advising office is a place students can contact with any college-related questions and concerns. Students will be assisted by a welcoming and well-informed staff that provides clear information about what to expect at Monmouth and what the University expects of its students.
Helpful Workshops for First Year Students
Study Skills Workshop
The Study Skills workshops will be held by Becky Reveron and Melani Kovacs. The workshops will teach students valuable study skills and test preparation strategies, including time management, tips for managing test anxiety, and an overview of academic resources offered by Monmouth University.
Zoom Links for Each Workshop
Need quick answers for your academic questions or concerns? Pop in to our virtual walk-ins hosted by our intern and graduate assistant!
How to Make a Virtual Appointment with Your First Year Advisor in Accudemia
To Access Accudemia: sign into MyMU > Systems > Accudemia
Schedule an Appointment with Your Advisor
- From the Accudemia home screen, select “New Appointment”
- Select your Center by typing in “First Year Advising,” or scrolling down and selecting it
- Select “First Year Advising Virtual”
- Select Subject Area by choosing “First Year Advising – (your advisor’s name)”
- Scroll down to the available appointment slots and choose the one you want. Toggle between weeks by using the Prev or Next button, or by hitting the calendar icon.
Please Note: Appointments are 30 minutes on the hour and half hour. Example: 9-9:30 a.m. or 9:30-10 a.m.. An invalid choice would be 9:15-9:45 a.m.
- Do not schedule an appointment during one of your classes
- You’re almost done! Review the appointment and select “Confirm”
- An “Appointment Confirmed” message will display and you will receive an email confirmation
- Your virtual appointment will be on your Accudemia Home Screen. When it’s time for your appointment, log into Accudemia and select “Join Session”
Need Help with Career and Major Choices?
Please email email@example.com to set up an appointment with Noah Hart.