First Year Advising is a key resource for first-year students at Monmouth University. First Year Advising also works in cooperation with various University divisions to ensure that first-year students experience the challenges, opportunities, and support needed to succeed at Monmouth.
Students are encouraged to partake in academic and co-curricular activities that are sponsored by this office to promote their growth and learning.
The First Year Advising office is a place students can contact with any college-related questions and concerns. Students will be assisted by a welcoming and well-informed staff that provides clear information about what to expect at Monmouth and what the University expects of its students.
How to Make an Appointment with your First Year Advisor in Accudemia
To Access Accudemia: sign into MyMU > Systems > Accudemia
Schedule an Appointment with Your Advisor
- From the Accudemia home screen select “New Appointment”
- Select your Center by typing in “First Year Advising” or scroll down and click on it
- Select “First Year Advising Virtual”
- Select Subject Area by clicking on “First Year Advising – (your advisor’s name)”
- Scroll down to the available appointment slots and click on the one you want. Toggle between weeks by clicking on the Prev or Next button, or by clicking on the calendar icon
Please Note: Appointments are 30 minutes on the hour and half hour. Example: 9-9:30 a.m. or 9:30-10 a.m.. An invalid choice would be 9:15-9:45 a.m.
- Do not schedule an appointment during one of your classes
- You’re almost done! Review the appointment and click “Confirm”
- An “Appointment Confirmed” message will display and you will receive an email confirmation
- Your virtual appointment will be on your Accudemia Home Screen. When it’s time for your appointment, log into Accudemia and click “Join Session”
How to Register for Classes
- Sign into myMU
- In WebAdvisor section, select Registration and follow the link labeled “Search/Select and Register for Courses”
- Fill in the term field: “Spring 2021”. Then, fill in the Subject and Course Number fields, or search by Course Type
- Choose and submit the times that fit with your schedule
- Select Register from dropdown menu, then hit Submit!
Please check your audit after you register!