As a member of the Homecoming committee, SGA has taken an active role in creating the University’s guidelines for tailgating. It is SGA’s belief that when fans tailgate in a responsible manner, it sets a positive tone, whereby promoting the tradition and privilege of tailgating at Monmouth University. We encourage all Monmouth students and fans to review the tailgating guidelines listed below before they come to campus to tailgate.
- Fans may tailgate before a home game and then again for up to 2 hours once the game has ended. Fans may not tailgate during the game or at halftime. Once the game begins, fans must enter Kessler Stadium or vacate the parking lots. Members of the Monmouth University Police Department will walk through the commuter parking lot 30 minutes before the start of the game to remind patrons of this guideline.
- For the safety of all our patrons, kegs, party balls, common source/mass quantities of alcohol, hard liquor, and glass containers are not permitted.
- All University and state regulations that pertain to the legal consumption of alcohol will be enforced. Fans who wish to consume alcohol must be 21 or older and be prepared to show legal proof of age to the MUPD or a University representative when requested. Those individuals underage found drinking or in possession of alcohol or distributing to minors are subject to criminal prosecution. Drinking games and paraphernalia are not permitted, will be stopped, and will be confiscated.
- Tailgating will take place only in the commuter parking lot and in parking lot 25 for fans with reserved parking.
- Fans will be allowed to enter the parking commuter lot at 9:30 a.m. on game day. In order to maximize parking on a game-by-game basis, we ask that fans limit their tailgating to no more than 2 parking spots. We ask for your cooperation since space is at a premium. Overflow parking will also be available in parking lot 16 when necessary.
- Patrons may bring in and set up a single tent only on game day which may not exceed 10 feet by 10 feet. The tent must be removed at the end of game day.
- Gas and charcoal grills are permitted.
- Animals are not permitted on campus.
- Bands, DJ’s, loud music, stages, or platforms are not permitted in the parking lots.
- Tailgates must provide food to their guests if they also plan to serve alcohol.
- Soliciting and outside caterers are not permitted.
- Patrons entering the campus for home football games will be required to pay a small parking fee. Recreational vehicles are permitted and will be directed to lot 18 which is located in the southern section of the commuter parking lot.
Please note that the tailgating guidelines apply to all home games including Homecoming. Thank you in advance for playing an important role in helping make the tailgating experience safer and more family friendly. SGA looks forward to seeing you at all of our home games this year!