The McMurray School of Humanities and Social Sciences is host to four endowed chairs.
- The Freed Chair in Social Science, endowed through a gift from the Gerald Freed Foundation, is occupied by Professor of Political Science Rekha Datta.
- The Jules Plangere Jr. Chair in American Social History, endowed through a gift of former Board Chair and Trustee Emeritus Jules Plangere Jr. HN ‘86, is occupied by Professor of History Katherine Parkin.
- The Wayne D. McMurray-Bennett Endowed Chair in the Humanities is occupied by Professor of English Kristen Bluemel.
- The Helen McMurray Bennett Endowed Chair of Social Ethics Is occupied by Associate Professor of Sociology Johanna Foster.
We also share an endowed chair with the School of Science:
- The Rechnitz Family Urban Coast Institute Chair in Marine and Environmental Law and Policy, endowed through a gift from Joan and Robert Rechnitz, is currently vacant.