International Undergraduate Admission and Scholarships
Choosing the right university is a big decision—one that will put your entire future in motion. If you’re dreaming of earning your undergraduate degree in the U.S., there’s no better place than Monmouth University!
Year after year, Monmouth University is ranked highly in accredited national university rankings including U.S. News & World Report, MONEY, and The Princeton Review for educational quality, affordability, and alumni success.
As an incoming student, you will automatically be considered for Monmouth’s academic excellence scholarships during the admission process; no additional application is needed. International transfer students may also be eligible for the same scholarships as domestic transfer students. Learn more about your potential scholarship eligibility and receive an award estimate here.
Deciding to study in another country can be both exciting and just a little bit scary, and you may be asking yourself: How do I start the process? Rest assured, we are here to help.
What you will need:
- Completed application
- $60 application fee
- Official original academic transcripts, translated in English
- Recommendation letter (freshmen only)
- First-year applicants can choose either the Traditional or Test Optional Application Review to best demonstrate their ability to succeed at Monmouth.
- English proficiency exams
More Details on Admissions Requirements. Find out which test you need here.
SpanTran is our recommended international transcript evaluation service. They have created a custom application for Monmouth University that will make sure you select the Course Analysis evaluation at a discounted rate. You can access their application here: SpanTran Application – Monmouth University
If you have any questions along the way, please reach out! Our Office of Undergraduate Admission can be reached via phone at 732-571-3456 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you throughout the application process!
Paper-based TOEFL: 550
Computer-based TOEFL: 213
Internet-based TOEFL: 79
ELS Language Services Criteria
Monmouth will also accept international students who meet the University’s regular standards for admission and who have successfully completed the ELS Language Services program at the master’s level of English proficiency, which is completion of Level 112. This may be accepted instead of the TOEFL or other English proficiency exam. Conditional acceptance may be issued for those students who choose to prove English proficiency by enrolling in and completing ELS Level 112.
Emma Caban, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission
In addition to meeting the standard requirements for admission, international students must also complete the following steps:
- Complete the Application for Form I-20 and Affidavit of Financial Support, which is to be notarized. This document is essential in order to receive a student visa (F-1), which allows the student to study in the U.S. Certified evidence that there are adequate funds to meet all expenses during the first year of study must be present. This is part of the Form I-20.
- Transfer students with F-1 status who have attended an American college or university and want to transfer to Monmouth University, will need to submit the application for Form I-20, as well as an F-1 Transfer Request form.