Bachelor of Science in Health Studies – focuses on developing professionals who will promote health and prevent disease across diverse areas in medical, community, nonprofit, corporate, and government settings. The curriculum also offers a broad and intensive education in the relationship between lifestyle and health. The focus on the sciences makes this major a good fit for those students pursuing careers as healthcare professionals. Students interested in pursuing careers in medicine, dentistry, and similar programs should consult with the Pre-Health Advisory Committee.
- Health Studies Major Curriculum Chart
- Health Studies: Exercise Science Cluster Sequence Chart
- Health Studies: Health Science Cluster Sequence Chart
- Health Studies Minor Curriculum Chart
Bachelor of Science in Health & Physical Education – prepares students for careers in coaching, athletic training, and fitness training, as well as graduate or professional schools for physical therapy, exercise science and other similar professions. The curriculum combines 30 credits of health studies course work with 18 credits of physical education courses including exercise
physiology, biomechanics, sports psychology and motor skill development. Students may also choose from free electives such as Coaching Courses, Preventing Athletic Injuries and Exercise Testing & Prescription.
- Health Studies and Physical Education Major Curriculum Chart
- Health Studies and Physical Education: Fitness and Wellness Cluster Sequence Chart
- Health Studies and Physical Education Public Health Cluster Sequence Chart
Bachelor of Science in Health &Physical Education with Endorsement in K-12 Education – This dual major offers core health studies and physical education for those students
interested in obtaining a K–12 teaching certification. The curriculum content is aligned with both the State of New Jersey certification requirements and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).