Strategic Public Relations and Social Media Concentration
As emerging technology continues to affect the way public relations is practiced today, communication professionals need to understand its impact on the way we craft messages. Our 18-credit Strategic Public Relations and Social Media Concentration as part of your M.A. in Communication is designed to teach both current theory and its practical application. Experiential education is a key component to our graduate communication program. This M.A. in Communication specialization combines relevant course work and real-world experience.
Learn to Craft a Brand
You will explore new ways to develop compelling stories across emerging digital technologies and traditional information outlets. With coursework specifically targeted to constructing public and organizational messages, you will learn to identify brand advocates and target audiences. Some of your courses may include:
- Message Construction—Audio, Video and Web
- Principles of Public Relations
- Advanced Public Relations Planning
- Crisis and Issues Management
- Public Relations and Fundraising
- Special Event Planning and Promotion
- Strategic Digital Communication
- Global Communication and Public Relations
- Graduate Internship in Communication
- Communication Ethics
- Public Opinion and Media
- Global Media and New Technologies
- Organizational Communication
- Presentational Communication: Design and Delivery
You will emerge from our graduate communication program ready to help for-profit, nonprofit, government, and other entities communicate their messages to the world.
Ariana Murdocca ’19
Account Coordinator, Dan Klores Communications
The M.A. in Communication program created a real-life work experience and made the transition to the workforce a seamless one. My professors were always up-to-date on the latest trends and served as mentors that encouraged my ideas and creativity. Projects that I completed in class mirror the work that I do for my clients today. I felt eager to present these projects to my future employer and showcase what I was capable of thanks to Monmouth.
Upcoming Graduate Studies Information Sessions