Close Close

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the cost to attend Monmouth University?
Please see our tuition and fees information. Students may be eligible for grants, scholarships, and loans. For further information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.

What is the comprehensive fee charge?
This is a fee for services provided by the Student Center, student activities, the Health Center, intercollegiate and intramural athletics, placement, counseling, and registration.

Are we billed by semester? When are the payments due?
Yes, you are billed by semester, i.e. fall, spring, or summer. Payment deadlines can be found on our payment deadlines Web page.

I have just registered, how can I obtain a copy of my bill?
eBills are available through your Monmouth University Student Bill & Payment Center. After you register, it is your responsibility to make sure that you are not beyond the payment due date by checking the information noted on your MyMU Account Summary.

Does Monmouth University offer a monthly payment plan?

Yes, Monmouth University payment plans makes it easy to plan, budget and pay tuition payments on-time, interest free and without any surprises. Students and authorized users can enroll in an available plan and make payments via direct debit from your bank account or by using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.  Detailed information can be found in our Payment Plans PLUS Guide | Office of the Bursar | Monmouth University

Where and how can I pay my bill?
Detailed information about bill payment can be found on our Payment Options Web page.

There is a different address on the remittance form. What address should I mail my check to?
You should use the address on the remittance form, if mailed 1 week prior to due date. This address is the University’s bank of deposit for tuition payments. Subsequent payments should be sent directly to 400 Cedar Ave, West Long Branch, NJ 07764 Attn: Cashier’s Office.

What does “Lockbox” mean?
This is the bank location in receipt of your mailed payment.

What age must I be to be considered for the senior citizen rate?
The student must be 65 or older prior to the start of the semester to qualify for senior citizen rates.

I’m being billed as a full-time student, but I am only attending part-time. What should I do?
Whenever a student changes from either full-time to part-time or part-time to full-time, they must request a change of status at the bursar’s office. You may print a copy of a Change of Status form from our Web site or pick up a copy at the bursar’s office. Fill out the change you are requesting and bring it into the bursar’s office.

I’ve viewed my bill, but scholarships, grants, and loans are not showing on my account. Who should I talk to?
You can contact the Office of Financial Aid at 732-571-3463 so they can review your financial aid award status with you.

My bill does not show my room and board charges. Who should I talk to?
You can contact the Office of Residential Life at 732-571-3465 to check on the status of your room assignment.

I’ve changed rooms, but the cost is not reflected on my bill. What should I do?
You can contact the Office of Residential Life at 732-571-3465.

I want to change my meal plan. Who can help me with this?
You can contact the Office of Residential Life at 732-571-3465 to discuss this change.

What is a book voucher?
A book voucher is a credit based on the amount of financial aid on your account. If your financial aid monies exceed the amount that you owe, there will be credit amount on your bill. You may use this credit amount to purchase your school books at the University Store. If your fall and spring bill reflects this credit, you may go directly to the University Store to purchase your books.

How can I track the status of my excess Financial Aid monies?
You have the ability to track your financial aid monies by viewing your Account Summary.

I have withdrawn from/dropped classes. What refund do I qualify for?
See our Refund Policy Web page. For additional questions, please contact the Office of the Bursar at 732-571-3454.

What is the procedure for appealing my refund?
See Monmouth University’s Refund Appeal Policy.

What is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?
Please see the Office of the Registrar Policy on this matter.

I tried to register for classes but was told I had a bursar registration block. What should I do?
You can contact the Office of the Bursar at 732-571-3454 so we can review your student account with you. View your student account by visiting the MyMU site and clicking on Monmouth University Student Account Center.

How can I keep track of my current balance?
You can view your account any time by going to your MyMU portal to view your Account Summary. It is important for you to check your financial account periodically as changes may occur to your bill or financial aid that would require your attention.

What is the American Opportunity Tax Credit (formerly known as the Hope & Lifetime 1098-T tax credit)?
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (PL 111-5) created two federal income tax credits for eligible taxpayers paying qualified tuition and related expenses. Under the provisions of the act, the University is required to report to students and the Internal Revenue Service certain information concerning student status on a tax form referred to as Form 1098-T. The 1098-T is mailed to the permanent home address of all students by January 31, for the preceding calendar year. = Although the tax credits will benefit many taxpayers, the laws and regulations governing the credits are complex. Accordingly, you may wish to consult with a professional tax advisor in order to determine your eligibility and maximize your tax benefit.

I have a question that is not listed.
For further questions not listed, you can contact the Bursar’s Office at 732-571-3454 or send e-mail to