Close Close

General Information

The Bursar’s office coordinates all aspects of a student’s financial account, including billing of tuition, room, board, and fees. We also coordinate posting of financial aid, tuition credits, and refunds. Our staff members assist students and parents in making payment arrangements.


Semester eBills are available through the MyMU portal, by selecting Monmouth University Student Bill & Payment Center. Initial semester bills become available approximately one month prior to payment deadline (refer to Payment Deadlines). Students registering thereafter will have immediate access to their eBill through the Student Bill & Payment Center.

Fall semester eBills are available beginning the first week in July.

Spring semester eBills are available beginning mid-November.


nonrefundable service fee is assessed to all credit card payments remitted towards tuition, fees, room & board, and other charges posted onto students’ accounts.  It is currently 2.95% of the payment remitted for domestic transactions, 4.25% for international transactions, or a minimum of $3.00.

 Payments for fall semester charges are due in August, and spring charges are due in December. Specific dates are set annually (refer to Payment Deadlines).

In addition to cash, check, and money order, we accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and electronic checks for payment of educational expenses.

Financial clearance must be met for a student to graduate or receive transcripts, either official or unofficial (student copy). If payment is not made as required, the student may not be allowed to register for future semesters/terms until the outstanding balance is satisfied, which may also incur late charges. In addition, the student will pay all collection costs and fees including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees incurred by the University.

Please be aware that a student who becomes delinquent in payments due during the year may be barred from classes.

See Payment Options.

Change of Status:

When an undergraduate student changes status from full-time to part-time or from part-time to full-time they must fill out a Change of Status form via eTrieve Central Forms, which can be accessed from their MyMU portal.

As an alternative, students can download a copy of the Change of Status form and deliver it in person to the Bursar’s office.

This will enable us to bill your account correctly.

Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA):

Please see the Office Registration and Records Policy on this matter.

Health Insurance:

Refer to Health Services for details.

Contacting Us:

When contacting the Office of the Bursar via e-mail you must use your Monmouth University student email address in order for us to respond to questions specifically relating to your account. Using your Monmouth University student email best ensures that your information will stay confidential and private.