Ready to Take the Next Step?
Where Ambitions Take Flight
At Monmouth University, everyone and everything is on the rise. Working closely with distinguished faculty, students are getting the attention and support they need to prepare for the road ahead. In fact, this strong, personalized education continues to lead students to successful careers and further academic pursuits.
That’s part of why every year students choose Monmouth from a variety of top private universities and east coast universities. Monmouth attracts students from around the U.S. with a concentration in the northeast. Our diverse student body consists of approximately 6,300 students – 4,600 undergrads and 1,700 grads. We’re large enough to have dozens of majors and degree programs and a breadth of student resources, yet we’re still small enough to boast low faculty-to-student ratios.
Our recent distinctions and accolades highlight how the university is enhancing its academic reputation. From athletics to clubs, fraternity and sorority life, to social gatherings and multicultural activities, Monmouth University has staked a place among the top private universities.
Even our campus is evolving. With new academic buildings and residence halls, Monmouth provides new students with a rewarding and meaningful college experience.
There are many types of financial aid for university students, and many factors are considered, so we encourage students to explore the breadth of our resources. Monmouth partners with students to develop a plan to manage university tuition and fees and other educational expenses, taking into account their individual financial situation.
Come visit our 159-acre campus, and you’ll quickly feel our warm, friendly atmosphere and experience our historic architecture mingled among new academic buildings and residence halls. Given Monmouth’s coastal location and its proximity to cities like New York and Philadelphia, students enjoy easy access to many cultural and recreational opportunities.
An in-person visit is the best way to get to know our school, experience the positive energy and enthusiasm of our students, and learn firsthand why Monmouth University could be the perfect fit for you.
Over the last few years, Monmouth University has earned a prestigious series of distinctions and accolades:
- The Princeton Review has included Monmouth University in its lists of best colleges for the last 13 years, including the 2018 edition of
“The Best 382 Colleges.”
- U.S. News & World Report ‘s annual list of “Best Colleges” featured Monmouth as one of the top forty schools in the ‘Regional Universities North’ category for five straight years. In the 2018 edition, we moved 10 places higher on the list.
- The Princeton Review listed Monmouth’s Leon Hess Business School in “The Best 294 Business Schools 2017,” the 12th consecutive year the school made the list.
- In 2016,
U.S. News & World Reportrecognized the Leon Hess Business School’s part-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) program as one of the nation’s finest in the company’s annual “Best Graduate Schools” rankings.
- Monmouth University landed in
MONEY Magazine‘s first-ever college rankings list of “Best Colleges for Your Money.” The school appeared for the third consecutive year in the 2017 edition.
- College Choice ranked Monmouth University on its list of Best Colleges in New Jersey for 2017.
- The University made The Princeton Review’s list of “361 Green Colleges” in 2016.
- The Environmental Protection Agency named Monmouth as a member of its 2016 Green Power Leadership Club.
- The Environmental Protection Agency named Monmouth the Individual Conference Champion of the 2016-17 College & University Green Power Challenge, using more green power than any school in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
- In 2014, the University became a GRAMMY Museum affiliate. This made Monmouth the first school east of the Mississippi River to earn this distinction, as well as the third university and first private institution to ever receive the honor.