Ready to Take the Next Step?
Where Ambitions Take Flight
At Monmouth University, everyone and everything is on the rise. Working closely with distinguished faculty, students are getting the attention and support they need to prepare for the road ahead. In fact, this strong, personalized education continues to lead students to successful careers and further academic pursuits.
That’s part of why every year students choose Monmouth from a variety of top private universities and east coast universities. Monmouth attracts students from around the U.S. with a concentration in the northeast. Our diverse student body consists of approximately 6,000 students – 4,450 undergrads and 1,500 grads. We’re large enough to have dozens of majors and degree programs and a breadth of student resources, yet we’re still small enough to boast low faculty-to-student ratios.
Our recent distinctions and accolades highlight how the university is enhancing its academic reputation. From athletics to clubs, fraternity and sorority life, to social gatherings and multicultural activities, Monmouth University has staked a place among the top private universities.
Even our campus is evolving. With new academic buildings and residence halls, Monmouth provides new students with a rewarding and meaningful college experience.
There are many types of financial aid for university students, and many factors are considered, so we encourage students to explore the breadth of our resources. Monmouth partners with students to develop a plan to manage university tuition and fees and other educational expenses, taking into account their individual financial situation.
Come visit our 170-acre campus, and you’ll quickly feel our warm, friendly atmosphere and experience our historic architecture mingled among new academic buildings and residence halls. Given Monmouth’s coastal location and its proximity to cities like New York and Philadelphia, students enjoy easy access to many cultural and recreational opportunities.
An in-person visit is the best way to get to know our school, experience the positive energy and enthusiasm of our students, and learn firsthand why Monmouth University could be the perfect fit for you.
Monmouth University is proud to have earned a prestigious series of distinctions and accolades:
- The Princeton Review has included Monmouth University in its lists of best colleges for the last 17 years, including the 2022 edition of “The Best 387 Colleges.”
- U.S. News & World Report’s annual list of “Best Colleges” has featured Monmouth as one of the top schools in the Regional Universities North category for five straight years.
- The Princeton Review listed Monmouth’s Leon Hess Business School in its “Best Business Schools” category in 2020. This is the 15th consecutive year the school has been recognized.
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 list of “Best Schools for Social Work” recognized Monmouth’s School of Social Work as one of the nation’s finest. The list also ranked Monmouth’s M.S.W. program 59th out of 262 accredited programs.
- Monmouth University landed in Money Magazine’s first-ever college rankings list of “Best Colleges for Your Money” in 2015, and has continued to make the list for five consecutive years, most recently in the 2019-2020 edition.
- Victory Media ranked Monmouth among the top “Military Friendly Schools” in 2018.
- Monmouth is one of the “Best Value Schools” and one of the “Best Colleges for Veterans” in the Regional Universities North category, according to the 2022 rankings by U.S. News & World Report.
- College Choice ranks Monmouth on its list of “Best Colleges in New Jersey.”
- In 2019, Monmouth was recognized as a recycling leader by the State of New Jersey’s Department of Environmental Protection and has been added to the New Jersey Sustainable Business Registry.
- The University made the Princeton Review’s list of “361 Green Colleges”in 2016.
- The Environmental Protection Agency named Monmouth a member of its 2016 Green Power Leadership Club.
- The Environmental Protection Agency named Monmouth the Individual Conference Champion of the 2016-17 College & University Green Power Challenge, as we used more green power than any school in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
- In 2014, the University became a GRAMMY Museum affiliate. This made Monmouth the first school east of the Mississippi River to earn this distinction, as well as the third university and first private institution to ever receive the honor.