Monmouth University’s location offers the best of both worlds. Less than one mile from the Atlantic Ocean and only one hour from New York City and Philadelphia, there is no lack of cultural and recreational opportunities – but it’s also a location that directly impacts and enhances learning experiences every day.
- Vibrant learning. Discover more than clear ocean waters at the beach through the Urban Coast Institute, a major in Marine and Environmental Biology and Policy, internships with the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife, or our Sailing Club. Monmouth is the eastern seaboard’s first GRAMMY Museum affiliate.
- Historic campus. Woodrow Wilson Hall is a National Historic Landmark. Walt Withey Chapel was imported from Europe and was once part of a 16th century Tudor Abbey. Guggenheim Cottage, a wing of the library, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. At Monmouth, you learn in an environment that’s as historic as it is cutting edge.
- Big city life. New York City. Philadelphia. Some of the most energizing and exciting cities in the world, just a short ride from campus. Group excursions and class trips to theaters. Fortune 500 companies, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Fox News – and internship opportunities at the Penn Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, JPMorgan Chase, MTV, or the Philadelphia Zoo are all convenient to Monmouth.
- Crossroads of culture. Closer to campus than the big cities are intimate, unique cultural experiences. Asbury Park’s legendary music scene and growing LGBT community. Red Bank’s theater and dining hub. Long Branch’s redeveloped, eye-catching waterfront with recreational and upscale shopping offerings – all are just outside Monmouth’s gates.
- Stunning location. Leaders arise from Monmouth’s 168-acre campus full of wide green lawns and historic yet state-of-the-art facilities. Beyond the gates, the sun-splashed beaches of the Jersey Shore are waiting – and West Long Branch, a city of about 10,000 people, has the shops and restaurants that make this the perfect place to learn and live.
At Monmouth, the possibilities are endless. And our location can lead you to opportunities anywhere in the world.
Take Our Virtual Tour
Experience our 168-acre campus and surroundings through a 360-degree tour that puts you in the center of labs, classrooms, Division I athletics, and campus life.