A Career in Mathematics: What You Can Do
Mathematics majors can work in the business and financial sector, continue with mathematics in graduate school, work in the government, and do many other things, including:
- Law school or medical school
- Actuarial science: “Actuaries are professionals trained in mathematics, statistics, and economic techniques that allow them to put a financial value on future events.” (from the Society of Actuaries)
- Computer programming and software development
- Engineering: Many engineering problems give rise to problems in mathematics, and the mathematician on the team is responsible for finding solutions to these problems.
- See what some of our former math majors are doing now: Alumni Career Profiles