Students are not required to bring a computer or printer to campus as there are many computer labs around campus.
The University recommends minimum requirements when bringing a computer to campus. This will ensure that students’ technology is compatible with the software used at the University.
Minimum Specifications Issued July, 2020
- · Current processor – 4th generation AMD Ryzen or 10th generation Intel i-Series processor
- · 8 GB RAM (more recommended)
- · 250GB solid state drive or 1 TB hard drive
- · Ethernet port or adapter
- · Wireless adapter capable of 802.11ac
- · A backup device (External or Cloud drive, USB Flash Drive, etc.) is essential. This allows for the copy and protection of important files. Also, a USB Flash Drive (16GB or greater) is also useful for transferring data. Cloud-based data storage solutions (such as Microsoft OneDrive which is linked to Office or www.dropbox.com)
PLEASE NOTE: One’s program of study may have specifications which may supersede these recommendations.
The recommended software on your personal computer should include:
- · Operating System (minimum recommended)
- o Windows: Windows 10, or newer
- o Apple: Mac OS X 10.10, or newer
- · Productivity Suite:
- o Please note that currently enrolled students are entitled to a FREE copy of the Microsoft Office suite through their Office 365 accounts. For information on how to install Office 365, please visit Install Office – How-To Documents
- · Web Browser:
- o Mozilla Firefox
- o Google Chrome
- o Microsoft Edge
Malware protection software is critical! Keep it current and any license active. Fully scan the contents of your drives. We find that procuring the extended warranty or AppleCare to be valuable, and highly recommended. Third-party options, such as Squaretrade.com are available for extending recently purchased systems.
Please take advantage of our Employee/Student Discounts reference web page for hardware and software (you must be logged into our Portal to see this content)!