The Monmouth University School of Science Summer Research Program is a 12-week research experience for students to work on collaborative research projects under the supervision of School of Science faculty and staff. The program concludes on August 8, 2019 with the Summer Research Program Symposium.
Click here for a link to the PDF version of the 2019 Summer Research Program Abstract Book.
School of Science Summer Research Program participants had the opportunity to carry out exciting original research in collaboration with faculty from the departments of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and Computer Science and Software Engineering, as well as the University’s Urban Coast Institute. Students in the program:
- Worked as paid student research assistants for the summer.
- Participated on a student-faculty collaborative research team.
- Gained invaluable research experience that looks attractive to future employers and to graduate and professional school programs.
- Presented research at a symposium.
- Participated in seminars on a variety of contemporary science topics.
- Enjoyed weekly lunches and social events to interact with other student-researcher and faculty members.