(School of Science – SRP)
The Monmouth University School of Science – SRP is a 12-week research experience for students to work on collaborative research projects under the supervision of School of Science faculty and staff.
The application process for the 2019 SRP will open on February 15, 2019. Please check back for a link to the application.
The 2019 Summer Research Program Symposium will be held on August 8
CLICK HERE TO REVIEW THE 2018 SUMMER RESEARCH PROGRAM PROJECTS.
Program Highlights for Students
- Employment as a paid student researcher for the summer
- Potential to earn college credits for research experience
- Opportunity to be a researcher in a student-faculty collaborative research team
- Gain research experience that is invaluable for future employment in industry and for entry into graduate and professional school programs
- Weekly lunches and social events for students to interact with other student researchers and faculty members
- Present research at an informal symposium
- Seminars on topics such as career development, science ethics, and graduate school
* Flexible starting and ending dates are available.
The program is open to undergraduate students, with a limited number of openings available for selected high school students and incoming first-year students at Monmouth University. Priority acceptance is given to Monmouth University students.
Most faculty research mentors who will work with high school students will be accepting rising seniors only. The Faculty Research Mentor page will be updated by February 15, 2019 and will include a brief biography of the mentor, academic department and 2019 SRP research project title and description.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for the Summer Research Program are reviewed on a competitive basis. For the 2018 program, approximately 34% of applicants were accepted to participate.
School of Science SRP participants will have the opportunity to carry out exciting original research in collaboration with faculty from the departments of Biology, Chemistry & Physics, Computer Science & Software Engineering and Mathematics, as well as the University’s Urban Coast Institute.
- Work as a paid student research assistant for the summer.
- Participate on a student-faculty collaborative research team.
- Gain invaluable research experience that looks attractive to future employers and to graduate and professional school programs.
- Present your research at a symposium.
- Participate in seminars on a variety of contemporary science topics.
- Enjoy weekly lunches and social events to interact with other student-researcher and faculty members.
The Application Process
Check back for a link to the Summer Research Program application. Applications will be reviewed beginning March 15, 2019. Letters of recommendation should be emailed to MUSRP@monmouth.edu. No late applications will be accepted. Applicants who successfully submit their application by the deadline will be notified during the second week of April regarding their acceptance into the program. Please see the Summer at Monmouth web site for more information regarding campus housing and applying and registering for summer courses (if you are working in the SRP for credit).
For More Information
If you have any questions about the Summer Research Program or the application process, please see our SRP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, or contact us at MUSRP@Monmouth.edu if you have further questions.