Good health plays an important role in academic success. Unexpected medical bills can threaten a student’s ability to complete their education should they be uninsured. In accordance with the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA), Monmouth University strongly encourages all students to be covered under a health insurance plan.
Students who are not covered under a health plan may go to www.healthcare.gov to find an insurance plan that meets the health and financial needs of the individual. Based upon financial circumstances, some students may now be eligible for subsidized health insurance under recent changes to the ACA guidelines.
International students should be covered by a health insurance plan that has benefits within the United States. Students may choose from any number of plans on the market. One such plan is iNext International Medical Insurance, which has prorated monthly rates. www.inext.com/travelUSA
To support campus health and wellness and to expedite any necessary medical care, a copy of the current health insurance card should be maintained as part of the student health profile. Students now have the ability to scan and upload their health insurance card to a private and confidential health insurance profile through the newly created, Student Health Portal found in the myMU portal.
- Scan an image of your health insurance card. Scanned images MUST be saved as .gif, .png, .tiff, .tif, .jpg or .jpeg. Documents MUST be saved as either .txt or .pdf, NOT as a Word document.
- Log into myMU with your Monmouth Userid and password.
- Click on the tab “I Need To…”
- Click on “Access the Student Health Portal” and log in with your Monmouth Userid and password.
- Click the Upload tab, find your file and select upload.
Please contact Health Services at 732-571-3464 for further assistance.