The Monmouth University Student Center is considered the “living room” of the campus. It is used by and for the MU community to host lectures, workshops, and events. It is also a place where people gather to eat, socialize, study, and relax. The center maintains this balance by presenting an environment that is friendly and inviting, one that celebrates the University’s diversity of culture and ideas through positive expressions. Since the center is one of the main information locations on campus, it is important that any advertisements posted in the center meet certain guidelines. The following regulations detail the center’s policies for advertisements in the building.
1. All advertisements must be approved and posted by the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations or by Student Life. Items that you wish to be posted should be dropped off Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. (located on the second floor of the Student Center). Any items not stamped by the Student Center staff will be removed.
2. There will be no posting of alcohol-related events, obscenities, slanderous material, or material containing racist or sexist statements. This would include, but not be limited to, advertisements that show and/or promote nudity, violence, racism, and sexism.
3. All advertisements will be posted by the Student Center staff. Advertisements dropped off at the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations or student services office will be posted in the Student Center within 24 hours. The Student Center staff will be responsible for removing all outdated materials.
4. All advertisements may be hung for two weeks or until the occurrence of the event, whichever is first.
5. There will be separate bulletin boards for different categories of advertisements including:
- On-Campus Events;
- Off-Campus Events;
- For Sale/Items Wanted; and
- Off-Campus Housing.
6. Posting is NOT permitted on the exterior of the Student Center or on or around the glass exterior doors of the center unless pre-approved by the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations or the Office of Student Services.
7. Materials that you wish to be posted may not exceed 18 inches by 24 inches.
8. There will be no posting of notices or flyers that support or endorse candidates for political office.
9. Use of any bulletin board or authorized space in the Student Center does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of any product, service, or information by the Student Center or Monmouth University.