Monmouth Future Scholars does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in any of its activities or operations.
Selection Criteria for Monmouth Future Scholars Program Participants:
- Recommendations traditionally come from counselors, teachers, and principals from Long Branch Public schools in the City of Long Branch Public School District (the number of selected program participants depends on availability).
- Students preferably qualify for free and reduced lunch and/or are the first generation of the family to attend college.
- Additionally, students will be selected if they demonstrate academic potential with referral from their 5th grade teacher. Upon recommendation, students preferably meet or exceed grade level standards in reading and/or math.
- Students must exhibit an interest in going to college and/or entering the field of education.
- A group of 50 students will be chosen with the goal of their participation beginning in 6th grade.