The goals of the Monmouth Future Scholars (MFS) program are as follows:
- To offer information to selected, qualified students about access to higher education and Monmouth University.
- To provide a consistent support network for students who have demonstrated academic potential and need additional mentoring. This will better facilitate a supportive environment, which ensures their personal and academic success through mentoring and development programs.
- To provide support and resources to students and their families concerning the college application process resulting in a significant decrease in demystifying student participation and their capacity to become successful in college.
- To engage in social justice and increase access to Monmouth University to students from Long Branch School District as well as students from marginalized or subjugated backgrounds.
- To encourage a meaningful positive relationship between students and their mentors and promote social, cultural, and intellectual growth through exposure to on-campus events and activities at Monmouth University.