At Monmouth, Visitors Are Always Welcome.
Located in West Long Branch, New Jersey, Monmouth University’s magnificent and historic campus is approximately one hour from New York City and is within walking distance of the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean.
The University is about 45 minutes from Newark Airport by car or limousine, and is also easily accessible from the LaGuardia and Kennedy airports in New York, as well as from the Philadelphia International Airport.
- From the Garden State Parkway: Take Exit 105 (parts of this exit will be closed from April to Dec. 2022. Please see the official notification for more information.) The Parkway off-ramp leads directly onto Route 36 East. Continue on Route 36 East approximately three miles to Route 71 South. Go approximately one mile and Route 71 will fork left and become Cedar Avenue. Follow Route 71/Cedar Avenue for approximately one-half mile. Continue on 71 South past the traffic light for Larchwood Avenue. Proceed past the first entrance to the University, which is on your right. About 200 feet past the first entrance, turn right at the wrought iron gates and go up the main driveway. Visitor parking (Lot 11) is on the left, slightly past the Great Hall.
- From the NJ Turnpike: From the South, take Turnpike North to Exit 7A. After the toll plaza, take I-195 East to Shore Points. Approaching Belmar, I-195 becomes NJ Route 138. After crossing the Garden State Parkway, exit right to NJ Route 18 North, marked Eatontown. Take the Deal Road exit and drive east to the intersection at Monmouth Road. Turn left and proceed to the third traffic light, which is Cedar Avenue. Turn right onto Cedar (also labeled NJ Route 71 South). Follow Route 71/Cedar Avenue for approximately one half mile. Continue on 71 South past the traffic light for Larchwood Avenue. Proceed past the first entrance to the University, which is on your right. About 200 feet past the first entrance, turn right at the wrought iron gates and go up the main driveway. Visitor parking (Lot 11) is on the left, slightly past the Great Hall.
- From the NJ Turnpike: From the North, take Turnpike South to Exit 11 (Garden State Parkway South). Take Exit 105 as outlined in #1 above.
- From Trenton and Points West: Take I-195 East, and follow directions outlined in #2 above.
- From the Freehold Area: Take US Route 9 South to I-195 East. Follow directions outlined in #2 above.
- From Coastal New England and Boston: Take I-195 South to I-287 West to the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. Follow I-287 to the Garden State Parkway South. Follow directions outlined in #1 above.
DIRECTIONS TO Monmouth Park Corporate Center, Building C (185 State Highway 36, West Long Branch, NJ)
The University’s facility at the Monmouth Park Corporate Center is located across from Shore Regional High School on the westbound side of Route 36, approximately two miles from the main Monmouth campus. Most people enter from Eatontown Boulevard/County Road 537.
For those traveling to this facility, please follow the above instructions to Route 36.
Proceeding on Route 36 East, take the jug handle (left turn) for County Road 537. The entrance to the complex is located just after you cross Route 36, on the left-hand side. From there, proceed to where you see the Monmouth University Health Sciences Center sign on the building to the right.
Proceeding on Route 36 West, veer right onto Eatontown Boulevard/County Road 537 (near La Quinta Inn) and enter Monmouth Park Corporate Center on the left. You can also enter the complex directly from Route 36.
Conference and Event Visitors:
Parking is generally available in the Commuter Lot on Larchwood Avenue; to gain access to this parking lot, make a right onto Larchwood Avenue when travelling east on Route 71. Proceed to the Greeter’s Booth for instructions on parking. If no greeter is on duty, follow the parking instructions you would have received from the event coordinator. Access our online campus map.
If you are flying into Newark Airport:
Once you arrive at Newark Airport, there is an automated monorail train link, AirTrain Newark (www.airtrainnewark.com) that takes you directly from the arrivals terminal to the Rail Link station, where you transfer to a southbound NJ Transit North Jersey Coast Line train (www.njtransit.com).
This line takes you to Long Branch station, the nearest station to the University. The journey takes 45 minutes. Purchase your ticket prior to boarding the train. There is a surcharge if you purchase your ticket on the train. Vending machines for NJ Transit tickets are located in the airport passenger terminals.
Once at Long Branch station, take a taxi from the station to the University. The journey is about 1.5 miles (2 kilometers).
Taxis also operate from Newark Airport at rates based on your destination.
Special Parking Permits
- One-Day Permit: This permit authorizes parking for guests or visitors for one day and is available at Police Headquarters, the Greeter’s Booth off of Cedar Avenue, and from the traffic attendant off of Larchwood Avenue.
- Disabled Parking Placard: In compliance with the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Services laws and regulations, applications for a temporary New Jersey Motor Vehicle Services permit and a set of instructions for its completion can be picked up at the University police department, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Pay your parking ticket: