Parents who are interested in borrowing a Direct PLUS Loan may complete the Direct PLUS Request Process at https://studentaid.gov/app/launchPLUS.action?plusType=parentPlus. Parent borrowers are able to do the following:
- Complete a Direct PLUS Loan application
- Receive an instant credit decision
- Appeal the credit check decision during the application process
- Complete the Federal Direct PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN) (new borrowers only)
- Have an endorser co-sign the application
We strongly recommend that you complete the Parent PLUS application online as this will significantly speed-up processing of your loan. New borrowers must also complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Borrowers should be aware that their loan will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and will be accessible by authorized agencies, lenders, and institutions.