Parents who are interested in borrowing a Direct PLUS Loan may complete the Direct PLUS application process at www.studentloans.gov. Parent borrowers are able to do the following:
- Complete a Direct PLUS Loan application
- Receive an instant credit decision
- Appeal the credit check decision during the application process
- Complete the Federal Direct PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN) (new borrowers only)
- Have an endorser co-sign the application
We strongly recommend that you complete the Direct PLUS Loan application process online at www.studentloans.gov, as this will significantly speed-up processing of your loan. New borrowers must also complete an MPN at www.studentloans.gov or request a paper MPN from the Financial Aid Office. Borrowers should be aware that their loan will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and will be accessible by authorized agencies, lenders, and institutions.