Dear University Community,
Welcome back to campus and the spring 2022 semester. As we begin the semester and resume our regular activities, I want to remind you of travel guidelines in place that may impact members of our community who are not fully vaccinated.
These policies apply to all staff, faculty, and students participating in all University-funded and/or sponsored travel and personal travel, with the exception of those traveling as part of NCAA athletics competition requirements (athletic competition travel guided by conference rules).
While these travel policies have been developed in response to questions about University-funded and/or sponsored travel, all members of the University community who travel outside of the State of New Jersey, for personal travel must adhere to the same CDC guidelines.
Monmouth University Domestic Travel Policy Specific to COVID-19:
Domestic out-of-state travel beyond New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Delaware and overnight travel within New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut or Delaware:
- Travel will be permitted as long as all appropriate approvals (dean, department chair, director, general counsel, etc.) are in place prior to travel taking place.
- Anyone who is not fully vaccinated including those without a booster is required to undergo COVID-19 testing 1-3 days before and 3-5 days after travel. Testing can be completed here at the University during our regularly scheduled testing times (Monday to Friday). Any test that needs to be administered outside of the regularly scheduled testing center hours will be the responsibility of the person being tested.
- Per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, members of the University community who are not fully vaccinated, must quarantine for a minimum of five full days after travel, in addition to following all pre- and post-travel testing requirements. A negative test still requires a self-quarantine for five days. A positive test will require a minimum of five days of isolation and isolation can only end after you have no symptoms. When isolation ends you must continue to wear a tight fitting mask correctly at all times for up to five more days.
- Anyone who is not fully vaccinated and tests negative on the 5th day of self-quarantine can return to campus on day 6.
- Throughout the period of quarantine, students, faculty and staff should self-monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if symptoms develop.
Monmouth University International Travel Policy Specific to COVID-19:
Individual travel will be permitted as long as all appropriate approvals (dean, department chair, director, general counsel, etc.) are in place prior to travel taking place.
- International travel with students is permitted as long as all appropriate approvals are in place, the program is submitted to the Global Education Office, and reviewed by the Crisis Management Team.
- Travel will only be permitted to countries with a CDC and US Department of State Travel Advisory level 3 or lower.
- In response to global travel restrictions and effective immediately, Monmouth University will require all participants in sponsored international travel programs or other business be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. There are no exceptions to this mandate.
- Individuals need to make arrangements to fulfill the viral testing requirements mandated by the US government. As of December 6, 2021 all air passengers regardless of vaccination status are required to show a negative COVID-19 viral test taken no more than 1 day before travel, or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days, before they board their flight. Updated entry requirements can be found here.
- Faculty traveling with students as part of a Global Seminar Program may submit an appeal to travel to areas designated with a Travel Advisory level 4 due to COVID-19. Appeals should be sent to the Global Education Office to be reviewed by special committee.
- All Study Abroad Programs traveling to a location with a Travel Advisory level 4 due to COVID-19 will be reviewed by CMT and require Provost approval.
- Individuals must follow all applicable CDC guidelines for international travel including pre and post travel testing regardless of vaccination status.
- Members of the community who are not boosted and therefore not up to date with their vaccinations, must quarantine for a minimum of five full days after international travel, in addition to following all pre- and post-travel testing requirements, as directed by the CDC.
- If an unvaccinated person travels and does not get tested within 3-5 days of re-entry upon return they must complete a 5-day self-quarantine with 5 days of mask wearing after travel.
- Please contact the Global Education Office for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need further assistance or clarification, please contact your supervisor, the Office of the Provost, the Office of Student Life, Office of Global Education, or the Office of Human Resources.