In order to meet ongoing student needs during this COVID-19 crisis, Counseling and Psychological Services is committed to providing support for all Monmouth University students and will be transitioning to appointments via phone or video in the coming days.
- Students with an appointment scheduled within the next two weeks or had an appointment scheduled in the past two weeks will be contacted by your CPS counselor by email to confirm or reschedule your appointment. If you were meeting with a clinical trainee, a member of the senior clinical staff will contact you.
- Students with routine issues or questions, or those wishing to make an appointment with a CPS counselor, can leave a message at 732-571-7517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. CPS staff will be regularly checking voice and email messages during typical hours of operation (Monday through Friday, 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM). Students should expect a response within one business day for answers to routine questions or to schedule a future appointment.
- For all emergency and urgent situations (i.e., thoughts of killing yourself or others, feeling an imminent risk to yourself or others, hearing or seeing things that are not there), students should call MUPD at 732-571-4444 or 911. MUPD will collaborate with the counselor on duty from CPS, if necessary.
- By calling CPS or scheduling a phone or video appointment, you are consenting to receive a response and/or services from CPS electronically or digitally.
- Due to New Jersey regulations and licensing board statutes, CPS staff might be unable to provide clinical services to you, depending on where you currently reside. In these cases, we will work with you to identify resources in your area.
- If you are a Monmouth County resident, the Monmouth County Health Department has a phone bank staffed by Disaster Response Crisis Counselors (DRCCs) to discuss any increased anxiety, fear, and worry associated with the pandemic. The phone bank is available from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and can be reached at 732-845-2070.
Andrew J. Lee, Psy.D.
Counseling and Psychological Services