All students who participate in the Federal Work Study or student help on and off campus jobs will complete an online employment packet. Students then MUST visit the Student Employment Office, located in Bey Hall 127, to present original identification to complete the Form I-9.
Forms that will be emailed to all new hires include:
- Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA)
- International Student Agreement (for international students only)
- Employment Eligibility Verification- Form I-9
- 403 B Information
If a student has never worked for Monmouth University, he or she must bring proper identification that establishes both identity and employment authorization with him or her to complete the employment forms.
International students need to bring the following original documentation:
- The student’s unexpired foreign passport
- Form I-20 from Monmouth University
- A valid Form I-94 or I-94A, Arrival/Departure Report indicating F-1 non-immigrant status
- Social Security card or original receipt from the Social Security Office. If presenting a receipt, an original Social Security card must be presented as soon as possible.
- Understanding the W-4 form prior to completion
- Additional documents may be required. View for more information.
Polices signed off on:
- Student Employment Handbook
- Top Ten Tips
- Rights, Responsibilities, Rewards
Gender Inequity Acknowledgement Form
On January 6, 2014, the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (NJDOLWD) released a new mandatory gender equity notice, which we must distribute to all employees annually. This new requirement includes an acknowledgement that the employee has received the gender equity notice, and has read and understood its terms. The acknowledgement must be electronically signed and submitted by the employee within 30 days of its receipt/distribution. The electronic notice and acknowledgement is available through MyMU Portal by clicking the available link.
The federal and state laws which prohibit discrimination in the workplace are not new; the state has merely enacted this new notice requirement beginning this year. The University additionally has a policy regarding discrimination and harassment which you will find here:
Discrimination & Harassment
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the Office of Human Resources at 732-571-3470, the Office of Equity and Diversity at 732-751-7577 or the Office of Student Employment at 732-571-3560.