The Professional Development School established by the Monmouth University School of Education and the Lafayette Mills School (Manalapan-Englishtown Public Schools) is a collaborative, learning-centered community that is dedicated to developing the knowledge, skills, and dispositions that will prepare P-20 learners for success in the 21st century workplace. All participants will promote and sustain:
- A positive, engaging climate with effective teaching and learning experiences that focus on achievement for all students (P-20).
- An emphasis on the 21st century skills: oral and written communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and technology.
- Mutual responsibility of university and school personnel for the preparation and mentoring of teacher candidates.
- Professional growth opportunities for pre-service and in-service teachers, as well as university faculty and administrators.
- Shared inquiry, research, reflection, and discussion of “best practices” in assessment, teaching strategies, and achievement.
- An emphasis on the Common Core, NJCCCS, and NJPST.