What is NJ TRANSIT Mobile Student Monthly Pass?
NJ TRANSIT Online Student Pass provides full-time undergraduate and graduate students with a 25% discount on already discounted monthly passes for NJ TRANSIT bus, rail and light rail systems.
Is this program for any undergraduate or graduate student in New Jersey?
No. Colleges and universities must join the Student Pass program first before students can buy a Student Pass online. For a list of the participating colleges and universities, go to njtransit.com and click on ‘Student Savings’ under ‘Tickets’.
Are all students able to buy a Student Pass?
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students at participating institutions are eligible. (Monmouth University is a participating institution)
New to Mobile Student Program?
Getting started is easy.
- Login to “your schools web portal” to enroll
- Fill in all required fields on the registration form
- Verify your full-time status and student (.edu) email address
- Download the NJ TRANSIT App and buy your Mobile Student Monthly Pass
After you sign up, the discounted student pass can be purchased directly from the
NJ TRANSIT mobile app. Passes may be purchased from the 19th of the preceding month through the 10th of the month that the pass is valid.
Existing Mobile Student Monthly Users
If you are an existing Mobile Student Monthly customer, you need to reactivate your account at the start of each semester. Here’s how:
- Login to “your schools web portal” to reactivate your account
- Login to NJ TRANSIT with your student (.edu) email and the password
- Verify your full-time status and student email address
- Buy your Mobile Student Monthly Pass
How long is the pass valid?
The pass is good for one month as shown. You will receive a new monthly pass in the mail every month unless you choose to suspend your account. Each month, your credit card is automatically billed.
Do I have to buy a pass for the summer months?
No. NJ TRANSIT suspends every Student Pass account at the end of May. Students who want to buy a Student Pass during the summer months or want to reactivate their Student Pass account in the fall can do so through online account management.
Can I suspend my account at any time?
Yes. You can suspend your account through the online account management tools.
Do students at non-participating schools receive a student discount?
Students who attend accredited colleges/post-secondary schools where online Student Pass sales are not yet available, can obtain a discounted rail monthly pass by going to any NJ TRANSIT ticket window to pick up a paper form. The discount for students of accredited non-participating schools is 25% off rail monthly passes only – not bus or light rail passes.
It’s important to remember:
- Download the NJ TRANSIT app
- Open the app and tap BUY
- Sign in with your .edu email and password
- Select a Student Monthly pass and pay for it in the app
- Monthly passes are available for purchase from the 19th of the previous month through the 10th of the month the pass is valid
- On the 1st of the month your student pass will display in the app
Students who participate in this program agree that the monthly pass is for their exclusive use only. Each student is eligible to receive one discounted monthly pass per month. Passes are non-transferable. Any abuse or purposeful deception will result in the cancellation of the student’s monthly pass account, and (s)he will be unable to participate in the program in the future. This will also apply to any other student who is knowingly involved.
Sign Up for your NJ TRANSIT Mobile pass today!