Skip to main content

Off-Campus and Commuter Services


    • Am I permitted to have parking decals for more than one vehicle?
      Yes. The Monmouth University Police Department will permit a student to apply for up to two decals for vehicles that they drive. However, only one vehicle is permitted on campus at any given time.


    • If I lock my keys in my car or need to have my battery jumped, will the University help me?
      Yes. The Monmouth University Police prides itself on providing assistance to MU community members who are having vehicle-related problems. In this situation, you should contact the police department by dialing 732-571-4444. For safety reasons, however, the police department will not jump a car battery when it is raining.


    • If I have an evening class and would like an escort back to my vehicle, will the University help me?
      Yes. The MU Police Department is happy to provide students with an escort to their vehicle. Just contact the police department by calling 732-571-4444.


    • Who should I speak to if I have a question related to my classes or my academic major?
      If you are currently taking a course and you have a question, you should start with the professor. He or she should be able to provide you with the answers that you need. If you have a question related to your major, you should make an appointment to speak to your advisor. If you don’t have an advisor, you should contact the Center for Student Success (CSS), located on the lower level the Student Center, for more information. They can be reached by calling 732-571-3487.


    • How can I find out what clubs and activities exist on campus?
      A listing of clubs and activities is kept current on the Monmouth Web site. You can also look in the Student Handbook. If you still have questions about getting involved, take a moment to talk to the Office of Student Activities, located on the second floor of the Student Center. They can be reached by calling 732-571-3586.
      Another way to find out what’s happening on campus is by picking up a copy of The Outlook, the student-run newspaper, which is printed once a week during the academic semesters. Students can also check the bulletin boards located in the Student Center for further club and event information.


    • Can I get a meal plan as a commuter student?
      Yes. Gourmet Dining offers a variety of meal plans options for commuter students.  Commuter students may purchase a meal-plan by logging into Monmouth University’s WebAdvisor and accessing the meal-plan form found in the Residential Life section.


  • Is there someplace on campus I can go to if I am feeling sick?
    Yes. Monmouth students can and should use the Health Center whenever they are feeling ill. The Health Center is located next to the Library, located on the north side of campus. For more information call 732-571-3464.