15 contact hours for nurses will be provided. The Center for Professional Development in Nursing and Health is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver, by the American Nurses Credentialing Commission on Accreditation. Provider number: P242-5/12-15
Step up for the “Boot Camp” at Monmouth University is an immersion program for Nurse Practitioners providing specialized training in key areas. The hands-on experience will be facilitated by content experts who will share knowledge, tips and technique for practice. The boot camp is suitable for individuals who would like to update their knowledge and to those who are new to the role.
Known for a beautiful campus and a state of the art facility, Monmouth University is less than a mile from the ocean at the Jersey Shore. Located about an hour from Philadelphia and NY City – this central location is ideal for a weekend workshop. Lodging is available on campus and numerous locations nearby.
Participants will take 2 modules daily – selecting 4 out of the 5 modules listed below.
Each day will conclude with a 1.5 hour pharmacology update (Antibiotic Therapy & Psychotropic Pharmacology).
· X-Ray Interpretation: Dr. Ernest Wiggins – Interventional Radiologist, Assistant Program Director Monmouth
Medical Center, Clerkship Director Radiology Rotation Drexel University
· EKG Assessment: Loisann Stapleton, RN, CCRN, MSN, ACNP – Currently practicing Acute Care Nurse
Practitioner for Atlantic Cardiology.
· Care of Common Orthopedic Injuries and Splinting Basics: Todd Mastrovitch MD – Instructor Emergency
Medicine in Clinical Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medical College
· Suturing and Wound Closure: Rose Knapp, DNP, RN, APN-C – Assistant Professor, Marjorie K. Unterberg
School of Nursing and Health Studies, Practicing Acute Care Nurse Practitioner specializing in Critical and
· Psychiatric Assessment: Laura Kelly, PhD., RN, APN – Assistant Professor, Marjorie K. Unterberg School of
Nursing and Health Studies. Dr. Kelly has extensive experience in Adult and Psychiatric Mental
Health Nursing and has practiced in a variety of culturally diverse settings.
You may register with a credit card by phone (732-571-3443) or on our Continuing Education website.
Pre-registration is required and registration is limited! All registrations will be confirmed and directions to the campus will be sent via email.
# # #
Media contact: Petra Ludwig at 732-263-5507