Monmouth University’s Shadow PR Firm and Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter will host its first “Monmouth Hawks Dance Together,” a six-hour dance-a-thon on Friday, on April 4, from 6 pm to midnight in Anacon Hall. The event will benefit The Valerie Fund Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at The Unterberg Children’s Hospital at Monmouth Medical Center.
The Valerie Fund is a not-for-profit organization that provides health care, including medical treatment, counseling and child development activities, for children with cancer and blood disorders. The money raised from “Monmouth Hawks Dance Together” will assist in funding the programs that children need to maintain a normal lifestyle while in treatment.
Some of the activities at the event include:
- Silent Auction with items such as a signed Carmelo Anthony jersey, gift card to Mosaic Salon and Spa, a 30 min rental to Rt. 72 Waverunner, and more.
- DJ competition where participants can vote for their favorite DJ of the night.
- Top 40 music and the best dance tracks plus participants can request songs.
- 90s Hour featuring the best throwback hits.
- Music Trivia and Name That Tune contests.
- Group party dances such as Cotton-Eyed Joe and Cha Cha Slide.
- A craft station where guests can make cards for the children/families of The Valerie Fund.
- A Spa Space offering hand and shoulder massages.
- A Hydration Station plus an assortment of yummy treats and delicious sweets.
For more information and to register/donate, visit www.thevaleriefund.org/mhdt/
# # #
About Monmouth University’s Shadow PR Firm and PRSSA Chapter
Monmouth’s Shadow PR Firm and PRSSA Chapter strives to provide members with the opportunity to flourish in the ever-evolving field of public relations. Through informative sessions with leading industry professionals, engaging campaigns and events and interactive meetings, Shadow PR members can explore and expand upon personal skills and interests in a semi-professional environment. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/ShadowPRFirm.