The Monmouth University office of Veteran Services and MU Student Veterans Association invite you to attend the Combat to Campus workshop on Tuesday, October 8, from 2 to 3:30 p.m., in Magill Commons Club rooms 107 and 108. This event is free and open to the campus community as well as the public.
This event is an interactive workshop that will address the challenges veterans face when transitioning from the military to a college campus. Monmouth University veteran students will answer questions such as:
- What are the unique needs of veteran students?
- What advantages/disadvantages do we face as veterans?
- What are some of the roadblocks we face when transitioning to college?
- What are some common misconceptions about military service?
- How do we relate to other college students, faculty, & administrators?
- Where do society and the college campus succeed or fall short from our perspective?
Audience members will be given the opportunity to ask appropriate questions.
For more information about this event, please contact Jeffrey Hood Coordinator of Veteran Services, 732-263-5258, email@example.com