As an employee of Monmouth University, you have access to three (3) different programs offering auto and homeowners insurance: New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company , Liberty Mutual, or California Casualty.
As an employee of Monmouth University, you are eligible to apply for auto insurance with New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company (NJM). Your NJM eligibility number is #57589. They provide auto insurance to good drivers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania who meet careful underwriting requirements:
- All drivers listed on the application have been licensed and driving in the United States for the past two year; and
- There may be no residents eligible to obtain a driver’s license or permit within the first 12 months of the policy; and
- All drivers must be free of any at-fault accidents, motor vehicle violations and/or license suspensions within the past three years. However, if all drivers listed on the application meet all acceptance criteria and one operator has one motor vehicle violation resulting in no more than two violation points, that violation may be waived for eligibility purposes; and
- All of the automobiles to be insured on the policy must be registered or leased to you or your resident spouse or resident relative; and
- You must be able to demonstrate continuous insurance coverage for the three years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Other conditions apply. Visit the New Jersey Manufacturers Web site for details.
Known for its financial strength, competitive rates, excellent service, and prompt and fair settlement of claims, NJM has returned dividends to policyholders every year since 1918. By operating in the mutual fashion and insuring careful drivers, NJM controls the cost to all of its policyholders.
If you do not meet NJM’s auto underwriting rules, you can be considered for NJM’s wholly-owned subsidiary company, New Jersey Re-Insurance (NJRe). NJRe policyholders receive the same high-quality customer service and claims handling as NJM, except at a higher cost. However, if you have an NJRe policy, every year at renewal you will be considered for “promotion” into NJM if your situation improves.
To learn more, or for a free and easy quote, please visit New Jersey Manufacturers. Please note that this Quick Quote feature within the website is only available to New Jersey residents. For additional information New Jersey residents can call 800-232-6600, extension 4515 and Pennsylvania residents can call 800-232-6600, extension 4711. In the alternative you can request an Application Form.
Liberty Mutual provides automobile and homeowners insurance at discounted rates to University employees. The availability, qualifications and discounts may vary depending on underwriting criteria and requirements. These discounts are made possible through Liberty Mutual’s Group Savings Plus® Program. Some benefits of the Group Savings Plus® include:
- Convenient payment plans including direct or electronic billing
- 24/7 claims service
- New vehicle replacement cost coverage
- 12-month rate guarantee
- 24-hour roadside assistance
New Jersey residents should contact Dan Ressegiue at 732-308-3868 ext 50950 to obtain a free, no obligation quote. Residents outside of NJ should call 1-800-835-0894 for assistance. Please have your current policy and Monmouth University’s client number, 113301 available when you call.
California Casualty is an Auto & Home Insurance carrier, which specializes in providing protection and peace of mind for the people that serve our communities, including employees in higher education. As a direct result of the program’s exclusivity, they are able to offer employees at Monmouth University high-quality insurance coverage and service at a competitive price.
Some of the most popular features and benefits that California Casualty exclusively offers to Monmouth University employees include:
- Special Rates/Generous Discounts for employees such as a multi-policy discount and good-student discount
- Vehicle Vandalism & Collision deductible waived when parked on campus
- 12 Month Lock-in Rate Guarantee
- EZ Pay with Summer/Holiday Skip
- Free ID Defense
- $1,000 vet bill coverage for pets injured in a vehicle accident