Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do graduate programs start only in the fall or can students start in the spring or summer too?
Graduate programs through this agreement allow students to start at any time with the exception of the Master of Social Work which is a fall cohort-based program.
- What modality and times are most courses offered?
Most class schedules are in-person with some hybrid courses that meet in the late afternoon or evening.
- Are programs designed for full-time, part-time study, or both?
All graduate programs through this agreement are designed for full-time or part-time study.
- How long would it take a typical student to get through each program?
Two or more years (assuming part-time enrollment).
- What are the application deadlines?
Applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis but the preferred general application deadlines are:
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: Dec 1
- Regarding meeting GPA requirements, is the GPA from just SJU used or the GPA from all institutions attended?
The final St John’s University GPA is used, but transcripts from other institutions the student attended are required for admission review.
- How does the graduate assistantship program work?
Students entering graduate programs with a minimum 3.0 GPA are eligible for a Graduate Assistantship. Students awarded a 3-credit GA position have 3-credits of tuition paid for in exchange for their work. Those with a 6-credit GA have 6-credits of tuition paid for. Those with a 9-credit GA have 9-credits of tuition paid for. Information about graduate assistantships will be provided at the time of admission. Graduate Assistants may conduct research or assist with teaching alongside faculty. Learn more here.Note: Students who apply after preferred deadlines might not be considered for graduate assistantship opportunities.
- Are there scholarships?
Students who have a 3.0 or higher GPA and are taking 6 or more credits are automatically awarded a graduate scholarship. Learn more here.
- Is there one Monmouth admission liaison for SJU or will students work with graduate admission in general?
Graduate Admission Counselor