Attrition Rates and Summary of Graduate Employment:
PA Program Quick Facts 2017-2020
|Cohort||# Admitted||Avg. Cum. GPA||Av. Pre-Req. GPA||# Graduated|
|Class of 2017||20||3.3||3.4||19|
|Class of 2018||25||3.4||3.5||25|
|Class of 2019||30||3.5||3.5||30|
|Class of 2020||30||3.5||3.5||n/a|
|Class of 2021||30||3.6||3.6||n/a|
Goal #1: The Monmouth University PA Program Will Have an Annual NCCPA Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) Pass Rate At or Above National Average
- The program has consistently met or exceeding national PANCE pass rates as noted above with a combined average of 96% and current pass rate of 100%.
Goal #2: The Monmouth University PA Program Will Have Graduates Securing Employment As PA-Cs in a Variety of Medical or Surgical Specialties.
- Graduates are employed in a variety of settings and specialties. Our graduates are working in the areas of: cardiology, dermatology, emergency medicine, ENT, family medicine, interventional radiology, internal medicine and intensivist medicine, psychiatry, surgery and surgical subspecialties, and urgent care. They are responsible for managing patients in outpatient and inpatient and operative care settings.
Goal #3: Monmouth University PA Program Graduates Practice Patient-Centered Care.
- This will be assessed in graduate and employer surveys sent out 6- months, 1 year, and 3 years post-graduation.
Goal #4: Monmouth University MSPA Program Students Will Receive Training in Medical Research with a Focus on Practice Based Improvement.
- All students are required to successfully complete two semesters of research coursework resulting in research papers and presentations specific to practice based improvement.
Goal #5: The Monmouth University MSPA Program Will Promote Inclusion and Diversity Training and Practices.
- The MSPA Program includes specific training throughout the curriculum on healthcare disparities, inclusion, and diversity and receives support and training from the Monmouth University Office of Equity and Diversity.
- The MSPA Program incorporates a standing Inclusion and Diversity Committee that includes membership of MSPA Program faculty and staff and at least 10 students across all current cohorts.
- Faculty and Staff from the MSPA Program actively participate in presentations to academic centers (e.g., secondary schools and undergraduate colleges) who have a high enrollment of minority students specifically to educate and encourage minority students to pursue medical education opportunities.
- The MSPA Program’s Inclusion and Diversity Committee is working with other members of the University to provide presentations and mentoring to students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- During their clinical clerkships students routinely work with patients from widely diverse backgrounds.
Goal #6: Monmouth University MSPA Program Will Promote Student Leadership Opportunities in the PA and Medical Profession
- The MSPA Program includes a continuous Monmouth University PA Student Society that involves students in leadership activities for the PA program and community outreach programs. Activities include leadership roles in the Student Academy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the New Jersey State Society of Physician Assistants.