MU MSPA Program Attrition Table for Three Most Recently Graduated Cohorts
|Class of 2019||Class of 2020||Class of 2021|
|Maximum entering class size (as approved by ARC-PA)||30||30||30|
|Entering class size||30||30||30|
*Attrition rate calculation: Number of students who attritted from cohort divided by the entering class size.
**Graduation rate: Number of cohort graduates divided by the entering class size.
|Monmouth University MSPA Program Admission Data|
|Average GPA, GRE Percentiles and Patient Hours per Cohort|
|Cohort||Cum. GPA||Pre-Req GPA||GRE Analytical||GRE Quantitative||GRE Verbal||Patient Care Hours|
|Class of 2017||3.3||3.4||45.1||35.3||46.2||2,212|
|Class of 2018||3.4||3.5||50||43.8||46.6||1,117|
|Class of 2019||3.5||3.5||61.1||50.8||54.7||1,516|
|Class of 2020||3.5||3.5||63.3||45.1||55.3||1,511|
|Class of 2021||3.6||3.6||69.1||45.5||59.1||1,464|
|Class of 2022||3.5||3.5||54.8||40.3||45.7||1,484|
|Class of 2023||3.4||3.6||54.6||36.2||44||2,002|
|Class of 2024||3.4||3.5||65.1||40.8||51.8||2,767|
PROGRAM GOALS & OUTCOMES Goal #1: The Monmouth University PA Program Will Have an Annual NCCPA Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) Pass Rate At or Above National Average
- Program Benchmark: Achieve a PANCE first-time test-taker pass rate at or above the national average.
- Program Outcome: The program has consistently met or exceeding national PANCE pass rates as noted above with a 5-year first-time test taker average of 97% and with each cohort’s pass rate at or above the national average.
Goal #2: The Monmouth University PA Program Will Have Graduates Securing Employment As PA-Cs in a Variety of Medical or Surgical Specialties.
- Program Benchmark: Graduates secure employment as PA-C in a variety of areas including primary care medicine, specialty medicine, and surgery.
- Program Outcome: Graduates, including the most recently graduated cohort, secured employed in a variety of settings and specialties. Our graduates are working in the areas of: cardiology, dermatology, emergency medicine, ENT, family medicine, interventional radiology, internal medicine and intensivist medicine, pediatric medicine, psychiatry, surgery and surgical subspecialties, and urgent care. They are responsible for managing patients in outpatient and inpatient and operative care settings.
Goal #3: Monmouth University PA Program Graduates Practice Patient-Centered Care.
- Program Benchmark: 80% of graduates are noted to practice patient-centered care on post-graduation employer surveys.
- Program Outcome: This goal is assessed in graduate and employer surveys, completed 6-12 months after first day of employment.
Goal #4: Monmouth University MSPA Program Students Will Receive Training in Medical Research with a Focus on Practice Based Improvement.
- Program Benchmark: 100% of students receive training in medical research with a focus on practice-based improvement.
- Program Outcome: All students are required to successfully complete two semesters of research coursework resulting in research papers and presentations. The program’s two research courses will focus on practice-based improvement.
Goal #5: The Monmouth University MSPA Program Will Promote Inclusion and Diversity Training and Practices.
- Program Benchmark: 100% of students receive training in inclusion, diversity, equity and healthcare disparities.
- Program Outcome: The MSPA Program includes specific training throughout the curriculum on healthcare disparities, inclusion, and diversity and receives support and training from the Monmouth University Office of Equity and Diversity. The MSPA Program incorporates a standing Inclusion and Diversity Committee that includes membership of MSPA Program faculty and staff and at least 10 students across all current cohorts. Faculty and Staff from the MSPA Program actively participate in presentations to academic centers (e.g., secondary schools and undergraduate colleges) who have a high enrollment of minority students specifically to educate and encourage minority students to pursue medical education opportunities. The MSPA Program’s Inclusion and Diversity Committee is working with other members of the University to provide presentations and mentoring to students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
Goal #6: Monmouth University MSPA Program Will Promote Student Leadership Opportunities in the PA and Medical Profession
- Program Benchmark: The program will continuously provide opportunities for students to participate in leadership roles.
- Program Outcome: The MSPA Program includes a continuous Monmouth University PA Student Society that involves students in leadership activities for the PA program and community outreach programs. Activities include leadership roles in the Student Academy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the New Jersey State Society of Physician Assistants. Additionally, the program includes several student committees in which student have leadership roles.