The New York Trolley Company is proud to offer a $500 scholarship to students enrolled in colleges in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. We would like to give back to the community and help students with the cost of education.
Deadline: October 1, 2019
Qualifications: Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a two-year or four-year university, graduate program, or located in NY, NJ, or CT. Upon notification, winner must supply a current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance.
Amount: The winner of the New York Trolley Scholarship will receive $500 for tuition/books paid directly to the recipient.
Notification: Winner will be selected and notified by October 2, 2019
How to Enter:
- Follow @nytrolleyco on instagram
- Answer this question: “If our trolley could go anywhere in your state, where would you take it?”
Upload a photo to instagram that shows where you would take NY Trolley
- Tag @nytrolleyco and share to Facebook
- The tagged instagram post with the most likes as of 12:00pm EST on October 1, 2019 will be selected as the winner.
There are two requirements for applicants:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program in an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning during the academic year following the application date.
- Applicants must submit an application and essay explaining his or her career, academic and/or vocational goals.
No application forms are available at any other time. Between September and January, interested individuals can visit the scholarship application area of the site to determine eligibility and, if eligible, enter the program.
Applicants have until Jan. 15 to write an essay of not more than 550 words explaining their career, academic and/or vocational goals and how they plan to achieve those goals.
Rent-A-Center, Inc. has established a scholarship program to assist Rent-A-Center, Get It Now!, Home Choice, Acceptance NOW and RAC Franchising customers, their spouses, and their dependent children. The program also helps the dependent children of employees of Rent-A-Center, Get It Now!, Home Choice, Acceptance NOW, RAC Franchising and RAC Field Support Center employees. Scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
Applicants to the Make a Difference Scholarship Program must be one of the following:
- Customers in good standing (current customers or customers within the past two years) of Rent-A-Center (includes corporate Rent-A-Center and Rent-A-Center Franchise locations), Get it Now!, Home Choice or Acceptance NOW.
- Spouses or dependent children of the above customers who are living in the customer’s household.
- Dependent children, 25 years of age or younger, of current employees of Rent-A-Center (includes corporate Rent-A-Center and Rent-A-Center Franchise locations), Get it Now!, Home Choice, Acceptance NOW or RAC Field Support Center who have been continuously employed for at least one year on April 16, 2019.
- Dependent children, age 25 or younger, of current Rent-A-Center Franchise owners.
Applicants must live in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
Applicants must be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students already enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States or Puerto Rico for the entire upcoming academic year.
Applicants must be studying to obtain their first bachelor’s degree.
Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 on a 4.00 scale (or its equivalent).
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $1,000 scholarship. Up to 60 awards will be granted each year. Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. Awards are for undergraduate study only.
The CVS Health Scholarships for Children of Colleagues Program offers children of full-time employees the opportunity to apply for a scholarship to a two- or four-year college or university. The program, funded through the CVS Health Foundation, has helped countless students achieve their goal of furthering their education.
Applications for 2019 will be accepted until April 26, 2019.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a United States citizen living in the United States
- At the time of application, have applied to, have been accepted to, or are currently attending an accredited, nonprofit, two- or four-year college, university, or advanced (post-high school) vocational or technical school for academic year 2019-2020
- Have been diagnosed with and treated for a dermatologic condition
- Have been treated by a dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner working in a dermatology practice
- Used a prescription medicine to treat your dermatologic condition*
*Applicants need not have used an Ortho Dermatologics prescription medicine. Use of an Ortho Dermatologics product will not increase an applicant’s chance of being awarded a scholarship.
- An essay written by you describing in approximately 500 words
- the impact your diagnosed dermatologic condition has had on your life and personal experiences
- the role your dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner has played in helping treat the condition
- 2 letters of recommendation and information about your school and community activities
- Signed 2019 Medical Statement Form confirming your dermatologic condition by the treating dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner working in a dermatology practice. This form will be accessible to you during the online application process†
- At the time of your scholarship application, proof of application or acceptance to, or enrollment in, the school for which you are seeking the scholarship
- Proof of admission and current enrollment will be required at the time of the scholarship award
†2019 Medical Statement Form must be signed by the treating dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner working in a dermatology practice.
The RISE Financial Progress Scholarship awards five $5,000 scholarships each year to students who demonstrate a desire to improve their financial knowledge and educate others about personal finance.
The RISE Financial Progress Scholarship
At RISE, our customers – hardworking college-educated professionals – have fewer options to make progress financially because they have low credit scores. While we offer tools and resources to improve their financial futures, we know that the best way to avoid these challenges is to not suffer from a low credit score in the first place.
We’ve developed the RISE Financial Progress Scholarship to help hardworking students achieve their dreams while also teaching as many students as possible what they need for long-term financial success.
The RISE Financial Progress Scholarship awards five $5,000 scholarships each year to students who demonstrate a desire to improve their financial knowledge – by taking a financial course – and sharing what they learn – through a scholarship essay.
Scholarship recipients may use the scholarship money to help pay for educational expenses, including tuition, fees, housing, textbooks, or even a new computer.
How Can You Earn a Scholarship?
The RISE Financial Progress Scholarship is open to students from a variety of backgrounds.
To qualify for the RISE Financial Progress Scholarship, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a full-time or part-time university student; or enrolled to start at an eligible career school, college or university next term.
- Have a GPA of at least 2.0 based on a 4.0 scale
Step 1: Eligible students must complete the RISE Financial Progress Course.
Step 2: After completing the course, eligible students must then write a 500-word essay on the following topic:
“In around 500 words, tell us about the overall financial course you have completed and describe how you will be able to utilize it in your personal life. Which module was most interesting to you and why? Describe how this course will help you achieve your long-term financial goals?”
- Be a dependent child of a first responder who resides and works full time in Monmouth County, NJ
- Be a full time undergraduate student at an accredited institution or higher learning
- At least 1 parent of the application must be an active member of the 200 Club of Monmouth County
For more information or to receive an application please email email@example.com.
- Applicants must be between 8 and 18 (not yet 19)
- Permanent residents of and residing in the US or Canada
- Currently working on an inspiring service project or have done so within the last 12 months
- Working as an individual
Applications are accepted online only!
Create and submit a video (2 minutes or less) that tells the story of your life’s passion. This is not about film making, but a showcase of your talents. $1 million will be given to 100 students!
Your video should cover AT LEAST these questions:
- What is your passion?
- How do you plan to achieve your passion through your educational goals?
- What impact will you have on the world by following your passion?
- What is your dream college, school or next step in your education? Must identity the school for which the funds are needed.
More questions and the application may be found on the website.