Who Can Apply?
Any student who will be enrolled in a college or University at the time of the next deadline (see dates below). This scholarship is limited to students attending school in the 50 U.S. states.
Eligibility – You must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or University located in the United States.
If you are applying for the winter scholarship, you must be enrolled for classes during that winter semester.
If you are applying for the fall scholarship, you must be enrolled for classes during that fall semester.
You must follow all of the essay requirements and submission requirements outlined above in order to qualify.
This is an ongoing twice a year scholarship. These will be the dates for every year moving forward:
Winter/January Semester: January 7
Fall/September Semester: September 10
Please follow the essay and the submission requirements EXACTLY as outlined below to qualify for review. (Essays that ignore these requirements will be disqualified)
1) 1000 words or more.2) At the top of your essay, write your full name, phone number, email address and the name of the school you will be attending.
3) Outline at least 3 steps that you plan to take in the next year to start a path towards having a career that you love. As you think of these steps, consider some of these ideas; What are your passions that could be turned into a career? What are some ideas you have for a business based on things that you love and are skilled at? We want to hear unique, well thought out ideas. Make us believers. Make us excited. Make your essay stand out!
4) Interview a professional in the field that you are looking into and that has at least 3 years of experience in that field.Ask them at least 3 of the following questions and include the questions and answers as part of your essay.
What initially inspired you to pursue the industry that you are currently in?
What would be one important piece of advice for someone like me who is considering going into the field that you are in?
What was the biggest hurdle that you encountered when you were first getting started in this field and how did you overcome it?
What are some of the college courses that you took that had a lasting impact on your career?
What are some aspects about your career that you didn’t know about or consider when you were starting out?
What are some things I should be spending my time doing now outside of school to help prepare me for a career in this field?
1) Essay must be in PDF format. No exceptions.2) The file name of your PDF file must be your full name and the name of your school. For Example: Scott-Jones-BYU.pdf
3) Email your PDF file as well as a scanned copy of proof of enrollment to email@example.com. Please send as TWO separate attachments. Submissions with only 1 attachment will not be reviewed.
4) Copy and paste the following into your Subject line: Fall/SEPTEMBER 2019 SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION
5) In the body of your email, please include your full name, phone number and the name of the school you are enrolled in.
Please follow the above steps carefully in order for you essay to be considered.