In 2017, Government Finance Officers Association’s Executive Board voted to create the Jeffrey L. Esser Career Development Scholarship to advance the public finance careers of individuals employed at least three years by one or more state or local governments.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Enrollment Status: Part-time; pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Course of Study: Public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, or business administration (with a specific focus on government)
- Letter of Recommendation: Employer, and someone who can speak to your commitment to the public sector
- Total Amount Available for Award: $5,000 to $15,000
- Employment Requirement: Employed at least three years by one or more state or local governments