The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities.
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes Program, the applicant must:
Be a high school senior who is enrolled in and scheduled to matriculate (12 semester credit minimum) at a four (4)-year accredited college or university in the United States;
- Have been a member in good standing of a sports team at their school and/or involved in an after school or community-based sports program such as intramurals and martial arts;
- Have an unweighted Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade;
- Be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident;
- Have documented all extracurricular activities (school/community involvement/employment) that he/she participated in from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade;
- Have documented all Community Service that he/she participated in from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade; and
- Have submitted for consideration: evidence of past academic performance and future potential, leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of career and educational aspirations and goals, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal.
- All selected Scholars must graduate from a state approved High School in the United States to receive funds.
- All selected Scholars must maintain satisfactory academic progress at his/her college or university to receive funds.
- Foot Locker Foundation Inc. employees and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this Program.