Diabetes scholars offer general scholarships open to high school seniors headed to college/university in 2019 living with Type 1 diabetes. We also offer a set of scholarships with unique parameters like prospective major, geographic location, or excellence in athletics or the arts.
There is one application to be considered for any and all of the scholarships – all students who fill out the application will be considered for those scholarships that match them.
- High School Seniors with Type 1 diabetes seeking a higher education at an accredited four year university, college, technical or trade school.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Recipients are selected based on activities, grades, volunteering, advocacy, leadership, essays and recommendations from both a physician/CDE treating them as well as from a high school teacher/counselor.
- Diabetes Scholars scholarships are not based on financial need.
- The application is an online application and requires both recommendations to be completed online. The applicants will not be able to submit their application unless both recommendations have been completed and returned.
- There is one application and students will be considered for those scholarships that match them.
- The scholarship is a very competitive scholarship and is intended for the student to complete and not the parent.
- Applicants are due by midnight (CST) on April 15, 2020.