Diabetes scholars offer general scholarships open to high school seniors headed to college/university in 2019 living with Type 1 diabetes. We also offer a set of scholarships with unique parameters like prospective major, geographic location, or excellence in athletics or the arts.
There is one application to be considered for any and all of the scholarships – all students who fill out the application will be considered for those scholarships that match them.
- Dexcom Scholarships – ten $1,000 scholarships for STEM Majors
- Omnipod® System Dash to College Scholarships – five $5,000 scholarships for students with T1D provided by Insulet Corporation
- The JDRF Medical/Research Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship to be awarded to a student majoring in Healthcare
- The JDRF Advocacy Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship to be awarded to a student majoring in Political Science
- The JDRF Outreach Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship to be awarded to a student majoring in Mental Health (Psychology/Social Work)
- The JDRF Rising Star Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship to be awarded to an incoming freshmen with T1D
- Bambi Northwood Blyth Scholarship – a $2,000 scholarship for a young woman with Type 1 diabetes
- Family of Bradley Gendron Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship for a resident of Colorado
- Family of Josh Smith Scholarship – $1,000 for a resident of Ohio
- Family of Nicky Randazzo Scholarship – $1,000 for a Business Major
- Type 1 for 70 years Scholarships – five $5,000 scholarships for students living with T1D
- Brzozowski Family Veterinary Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship open to students who are currently sophomores or juniors in Veterinary School. *Note: a separate application is required for this scholarship.
- Henry Jensen Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship for a Social Justice or Advocacy student living with T1D
- Oldenburg Family Scholarship – a $1,000 scholarship for a student attending a school in Georgia
- Dallas-Plangetis Scholarships – one $1,000 scholarship for a resident of Anne Arundel County, Maryland and one $1,000 scholarship for a resident of Washtenaw County, Michigan.
- Beyond Type 1 Scholarships – ten $1,000 scholarships for students living with Type 1 diabetes
- High School Seniors with Type 1 diabetes seeking a higher education at an accredited four year university, college, technical or trade school.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Recipients are selected based on activities, grades, volunteering, advocacy, leadership, essays and recommendations from both a physician/CDE treating them as well as from a high school teacher/counselor.
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation scholarships are not based on financial need.
- The application is an online application and requires both recommendations to be completed online. The applicants will not be able to submit their application unless both recommendations have been completed and returned.
- There is one application and students will be considered for those scholarships that match them.
- The scholarship is a very competitive scholarship and is intended for the student to complete and not the parent.
- Applicants are due by midnight (CST) on April 15, 2019.