Substitute School Nurse Workshop & An Introduction to School Nursing
Fee: $95 – Light lunch is included.
This program will provide 6 contact hours for nurses.
About the Program
This course is designed to provide a concise overview of the role and responsibilities of the substitute nurse in the school health setting. You may also consider taking this course if you are interested in learning more about school nursing.
Learning Outcome is for the nurse who attends to apply the concepts learned to practice when caring for children as a substitute school nurse.
The instructors will introduce and highlight content area in key topics:
- Requirements for school and substitute school nursing / employment opportunities
- Tips and techniques for the management of the school health office
- Sample district policies & guidelines for documentation of care and services
- Conducting physical assessment & health screenings
- The management of common health concerns and communicable diseases
- Handling emergency situations in the school setting.
About Our Presenters
Karen Farrell, RN-C, BSN, MEd, CSN-NJ, Retired School Nurse, Laura Jannone, EdD, RN, CSN-NJ, FNASN – Associate Professor and Coordinator School Nurse Program – Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies
Giuseppina Pagnotta, MHA, RN, CSN-NJ, Adjunct Professor (MU-SONHS) and Head Nurse, Neptune Township School District and Denise Perrino, MSN, RN, FNP – Hackensack Meridian Health Medical Group-Pediatrics