Points of Interest
Location and Hours
Facilities Mailroom is located at the rear of the Facilities Management Building (far end of the south side of campus). The mailroom door is located at the rear of the Facilities Management Building. Be careful of traffic when going to the Mailroom.
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Student Mailroom is located at the Guggenheim Memorial Library, Lower Level.
- Monday/Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- * Note – hours may vary during winter & spring breaks. Student Mailroom closes for summer sessions. Any changes will be communicated in cooperation with Residential Life.
- Mail Operations Supervisor: Theresa Fontana
- Head Mail Clerk: Joseph Vajda
- Mail Clerks: Alison Weir, Bob Ward
Mailing & Shipping
Best way to contact Facilities Mailroom is firstname.lastname@example.org
The University Mailrooms
The University Mailrooms receive all USPS mail for Monmouth University employees and students.
Interoffice mail is picked up and distributed by the Facilities Mailroom staff.
Employee/Departmental mail is also distributed by the Facilities Mailroom staff.
How to Mail a Letter
You can drop off a stamped letter to:
- The Facilities Mailroom, located at the rear of the Facilities Management Building.
- The Student Mailroom, located Guggenheim Memorial Library.
- The United States Postal Service Mailboxes located outside the Rebecca Stafford Student Center and in the Quad area, adjacent to residence halls.
Express Services (USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)
Drop-off: You will need to go to the Facilities Mailroom located at the rear of the Facilities Management Building for assistance. Please call in advance at 732-571-3468.
Shipping Personal Packages: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
We ship USPS, UPS, DHL & FedEx from the Facilities Mailroom.
Your package(s) must be ready to ship. We carry overnight shipping supplies but do not carry parcel boxes.
Any old labels must be removed or covered on reused boxes. You must pay at the time of drop-off. Letters may also be processed. We accept cash and checks only. We ask that you provide bills no larger than $20.
Stamps are available for purchase at the University Bookstore or you can order stamps online from the United States Postal Service at www.usps.com. The mailroom does not sell postage stamps.
Student Mail Services
Student incoming mail should be directed to:
- “Your Full Legal Name”
- 431 Cedar Ave
- “Your Residence Hall/Apartment & Room #”
- Monmouth University
- West Long Branch, NJ 07764-1898
Let your carrier know that delivery hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., *No Weekend Deliveries*
Please do not send cash, checks or gift cards regular mail. Tracking is highly recommended as we cannot be responsible for lost letters.
Student package delivery is through the Student Mailroom Mailroom.
- Once a package is received through our mail system, an e-mail is automatically sent to the student. (Do not solely rely on carrier emails.)
- We ask that you social distance during delivery pick-ups.
- Only one person allowed for pick-ups and must stand 6’ apart (no more than 3 students inside).
- Student ID is required to pick up a package. Please be prepared to take all your packages.
- If a package is missing, we will need your carrier & tracking number.
Campus (Employee) Package Delivery
When having a package sent to you at Monmouth University, they should be directed to:
“Department” Monmouth University
400 Cedar Ave
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
Let your carrier know that delivery hours are M-F, 8am-4pm, *No Weekend Deliveries*
Receiving of Your Package
- If your department has ordered large quantities of items, or large equipment, the Mailroom should be notified in advance of delivery.
- If you are expecting a delivery of 2 pallets of items or large equipment, the Mailroom must be given at least 1 business days’ notice.
- Since we have limited storage, large deliveries will require same day pickup or a work order must be processed with Facilities Management Service Response to arrange delivery.
- If you have any perishable/live items that require refrigeration or are date sensitive, the Mailroom must have a least 1 business day notice. This will ensure that these items are handled appropriately and delivered to their final destination intact.
- The Mailroom closes at 4pm, therefore items received after 2:00pm will be processed next business day. Depending on workload, most packages will be available for delivery next day.
Delivery of your Package
- Once a package is received through our mail system, an e-mail is automatically sent to the recipient. (Do not solely rely on carrier emails.)
- Monmouth University ID is required for package delivery. Our system is contactless.
- When a package is delivered, an email is sent to the recipient showing the picture of the id of the person who accepted the package.
- If a package is missing, we will need your carrier & tracking number.
Carrier Drop-offs on Campus
Carrier Drop-offs to 400 Cedar Ave (Facilities)
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
All Deliveries must come through the Larchwood Avenue entrance.
Most deliveries are made to the Facilities Management Mailroom.
Exceptions: Deliveries can be made directly to the Bookstore (Ocean First Bank Center) or to Gourmet Dining (Student Center and Dining Hall).
If uncertain, always go to Facilities Mailroom first and you will be directed to the appropriate location.
Map and Directions
- From Route 36 East make right onto Route 71 South (Monmouth Road).
- Go approximately one mile and Route 71 will fork and bare slight left onto Cedar Avenue.
- Follow Route 71/Cedar Avenue for approximately one half mile.
- Continue to the traffic light at Larchwood Avenue.
- Turn right onto Larchwood Avenue.
- Turn left into Monmouth University.
- Proceed straight on Scholars Way and at the end, bear right and then left into the Receiving area.
Please do not block the drive way exiting the lot. You must announce yourself to the Mailroom. If no one is available, you can go to the front office of Facilities Management to announce yourself.
Carrier Drop-offs to 431 Cedar Ave (Student Mailroom)
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
All student packages must go to Student Mailroom (North Campus)
Maps & Directions:
Go to “D” on map from Cedar Ave through the Monmouth University Arch. Turn right into the Lot 20 for the Library. You will see a sign for Carrier Deliveries for the Student Mailroom.
Tips for Shipping Your Packages
Tips So That You Don’t Incur Additional Charges
Did you know if your address is not correct, you will be charged an additional $12 or more for your package?
We want to help you avoid these fees.
Please make sure your address is accurate and complete.
- Is there a Building number?
- Is there a Suite or Unit #?
- Is there a Floor #
- If the zip code is slightly off, they will charge you. Check with your Recipient for their complete address including any special zip code. Sometimes there are different zip codes if the address is a PO box vs. the street address.
- Is the Recipient a Business or Residential? Do you know that a home business is still a Residential address? You may want to confirm with the Recipient.
Please make sure that your Recipients address is up to date. If the addressee is no longer at the address used, there will be an additional charge assessed from the carrier and package will be returned.
Tips for Packing Your Items
If your packages are not packaged in proper packing materials, the carrier will deny insurance claims. To avoid this:
- Use a new, single-wall, 200-lbs per square inch burst strength corrugated shipping container.
- For heavier and fragile items, purchase a 275lb per square inch burst strength package.
- For fragile items, use 2 inches of cushioning to adequately protect your merchandise.
The mailroom does not supply boxes or packing materials. You will need to procure these from an office supply store or a UPS store.