In Laboratory HH 305 (MAC Lab): 25 Apple iMAC computers running both Linux and the MAC OS operating systems
In Laboratory HH 310 (Linux Lab): 17 Hewlett-Packard workstations running the Linux operating system
- C/C++ development: gcc, g++
- Java development: Sun Java JDK, OpenJDK
- Scripting languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Lua, Tcl/Tk
- Other languages: GNU CLISP, R
- IDEs: DrJava, BlueJ, Eclipse, NetBeans, CodeBlocks, Android Studio
- Network Simulation: Cisco PacketTracer
- Virtualization: Oracle VirtualBox, KVM
Lab Hours & Schedule
The labs are open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on days when the University is open for business. If it is not open during these hours for whatever reason, please contact Rebecca Hanley (732-571-7501) for access.
For help on printing from UNIX, using removable storage in the Linux Lab and other topics, see the Linux lab section of the CSSE Department Help Pages. Questions and suggestions for the lab should go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Linux Lab is intended for use by Computer Science and Software Engineering majors and others who have Monmouth UNIX accounts.